Seven Seas Explorer Cruise Review

TOTALLY disappointed and regret to have chosen it !

Seven Seas Explorer Cruise Review by Wan1234

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Suite

As it claims to be the world most luxurious cruise ship, I chose this cruise trip to celebrate my husband's 60th special birthday with my family, hoping it to be a memorable one but it turned out to be totally disappointing!

Despite my previous arrangement with the cruise co about my husband's birthday before the trip and reminded them again on the first day we boarded the "Explorer" for the room decoration for his birthday, we were very disappointed that they failed to show anything after we came back from the day excursion on that day, NOT even a single birthday card! After our inquiry, they put the ballrooms and banner inside our cabin, in front of my husband !

Really totally meaningless !! It ruined every efforts and purpose of this trip!

A live spider and a live bug was found moving inside a bowl of mixed berries when having room service breakfast . It was videotaped and reported to the management. It was sooo gross that made us stay away from berries ever after even though we love eating them so much before. They excused as cannot wash very thoroughly the berries etc etc, which was totally unacceptable. Their attitude and response did not show any professional ethic, especially on a cruise that claims itself to be the world most luxurious one!

A dry supposed to be clean face towel was founded stained in brownish red when my husband was surprised to find the water changed to red after put it under running water in the wash basin. Besides, the towels, especially the bath towels in the cabins look old and thin too. The first few days after our complaints, we were given better towels that were newer and whiter but situation went back the same again few days later.

A bottle of champagne was given in our cabin a few days later, WITHOUT any card attached to it. We all thought this was a token of apology from the management after all those 'surprising' incidents. Unfortunately, we found it after we were back home that it was actually a birthday gift ordered to my husband by his friend who had paid both the wine and a birthday card which was missing ! Believe it or not ? This was the service from a 5-star cruise ship !

The meal quality in all the restaurants, including all specialty restaurants, are below the standard one would expect on a 5-star cruise ship, except in Pacific Rim where the service and food were very good.

There are plenty of rooms for improvement of the food :

1/ Soup in Prime 7 was super salty that even the manager commented it was like drinking sea water after he tasted it, No improvement was found on our next dinning there.

2/ steak in Prime 7 was so tough and rubbery that hard to be cut even with the steak knife.

3/ pizza and even the ice cream cones were not crispy but soft.

4/ nuts in the buffet table were stale and rancid.

5/ the quality and variety of the fruit on the buffet tables were below the standard of a luxurious cruise catering.

For the Spa room, I was surprised to find that there was no regular sauna room but a infra-red room with slightly low warm temperature which would not alleviate your muscle tiredness even after staying there for a long time. There was one and only one small hair dryer and you had to stand up to dry your hair in a corner of the changing room after shower as there was not even a single chair for the whole room! You may choose to go back to your cabin with your wet hair or standing up to dry your hair for quite some time with that small low power hair dryer, especially for those with long hair.

Since there is no sauna room, I changed to have bath in the bathtub inside my cabin to relieve my tiredness but No bathing salt was provided even after request!

Is it a luxurious request ? This is totally unacceptable even on a 3 or 4 star cruise ship, not to mention on this claim-to-be the world most luxurious cruise ship!

Wan1234's Full Rating Summary

Superior Suite

Found a layer of dust on the counter top inside the bathroom on the first day. The wash basin was not cleaned thoroughly every day. There were many yellow stains on the white marble on the bathroom floor, which should be replaced as soon as possible.

Wan1234