3. Emerald Sun
We had never been on a river cruise and wanted to do a Rhine cruise. After a dozen + ocean cruises we did not know what to expect. The ship was beautiful and the crew were great. We had a panorama balcony cabin on the second deck and it was wonderful. The food choices and times that food was available was not good. Due to health problems, I need to eat at least 2 hours before bed. The late and long dinner time was not adequate for my needs and no room service was available. The best thing about the cruise was that virtually everything was included in the trip cost. We only paid extra for a Heidelberg excursion and it was worth it. All excursions were great but required good mobility as a lot of walking was needed. The entertainment on board was minimal with the highlights being a violinist one afternoon and opera singers another afternoon. I really enjoyed the pool which converted to yoga or movies on various evenings. I have to say that I expected more for the high price of the cruise.

Expensive but food lacking

Emerald Sun Cruise Review by Cruiser Gil

Cruiser Gil’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Sun price drops

Very modern and restful. In room balcony would have been good if it had not rained every day.