3. Celebrity Edge
I chose this sailing as it was the first we could take when itineraries were released. As well, with 11 others joining us, most if not all were excited to sail the new vessel. I had been watching since the announcement and from the first (1st) photos and videos to come in. With each passing day I could not wait to board.. We left PHL on our flight to FTL 23 Nov 2019, not too excited, yet anticipation of what we were about to experience.. Arrived at the port via taxi and everyone was craning their necks to get our first glimpse of the Magic Carpet and we were not disappointed when it came into view... Check-in was easy and quick, some of us had to have our photos retaken which was a cinch regardless. Approximately 20 minutes later we were boarding and heading to our cabins to drop carry on luggage - this was GREAT... If you do not know already, I Am vegan and had made reservations for everyone's nightly dinner in advance so my first order of business was to insure that all reservations and preferences were noted and in place. Most were, I Am happy to say. Cabin: We all had IV's (E1's & E2'S) everyone enjoyed their layout and the IV. The enjoyment of the IV's by others was a concern to me as several are seasoned cruisers and have their idea of what they expected. The cabins exceeded them. We all agreed that our respective attendants did a great job.. Please be aware that I found X's schematic about where beds are located (by bath or IV) are inherently incorrect, as we selected a cabin with bed by bath and that cabin turned out to be by the IV... which was fine. I did the faux pas of hitting the wrong panel in the middle of the night which turned on all of the lights and started the windows to retract! I recommend if you wear corrective lenses, please use them or you will wake up your spouse trying to do it 'blindly'. Dining: There were a few who were concerned before boarding about OVC and its' potential to not be clean and problems with passengers who may have no regards for others in terms of how to get food from a buffet. Some decided to initially use the Spa Cafe and the others OVC. We were all happy with our choices. Flow in OVC at each visit was fairly easy and variety was plentiful. Our late night soires in OVC included the pasta bar and pizza bar... very good. Our favourite places to eat included: Tuscan, Cyprus, FCS, Eden and Raw on Five. The others were fine, yet these are the most memorable in terms of food, ambiance, service and presentation. As a vegan, the most memorable venues were FCS and Eden those chefs put out food unlike that I have had on other X sailings we have taken... One caveat to be aware of: If you are more than six (6) traveling together, please arrange for two (2) tables as service will be far superior than having one (1) server and their assistant take care of you.. it does suffer. We allowed them to sit all 13 of us in Cosmopolitan and the server had challenges keeping up. My fault for not insisting on two (2) tables that night. Lunch in Eden was fine, yet not to my taste... Enrichment Activities: Does Martini Bar or Club on Four qualify?? Otherwise missed the formal seminars. Entertainment/Activities: Overall, it was very good, of course there were a few acts which were not to my liking, yet that is to expected in general, nothing really bad including the shows at Eden. Many of us enjoyed the shows in Eden, even if at first a bit perplexed about what was going on... LOL Shows in The Theater were generally to my liking and I really enjoyed the Whitney Houston Experience a great deal, while others rather preferred The Beatles Experience. We all enjoyed Silent Disco, even those who did not dance.. A few of us did the Macallan tasting and we enjoyed it, overall. It was the other participants who made it very worthwhile IMO. Attended a tournament in The Casino and that was great fun. I also recommend considering doing sail away's on The Magic Carpet, if possible not many people there so it is a quiet and serene experience. Fitness and Recreation: The exercise rooms were always full when I tried to gain access, so I walked the track and loved it.. most mornings by 5.45a several of us were out there enjoying the fresh air and quiet.. the inclines over two (2) decks was very nice and different for a track... There appeared to be a variety of equipment in the fitness area, to be sure. Being on deck nine (9) it afforded many opportunities to use the steps to many other of the decks frequented. Exercise! Service: Service overall was excellent. I must say that our first few days in the Martini Bar was not good, but evolved to excellent. GS and security personnel were very helpful and attentive when needed. Additionally, in venues like The Theater and Club on Four service was a bit sub-standard due to not enough servers available. BUT when we got service in most venues, it was very good overall. Ports: Costa Maya our first time there, well, there is nothing to say about it as I think either a sea day or overnight in another port would have been far better. Some in our group had a great time as they went snorkeling and said it was a fantastic experience.. Kudos. We did not do any ship excursions as we researched in advance and knew where we wanted to go and what to do. That was great. A few went to ruins and they had a great experience. Traveled with a five (5) year old who split her time between camp and The Martini bar. After she was done dancing in MB she was off to camp where she was having a better time of it.. her first cruise and is looking forward to the next one already, for Camp. Yes, we will go again and am planning which sailing to take... hopefully within the next few years in the cabin next door! LOL In closing, this sailing exceeded our expectations despite some negative reviews in the general board area by those who have not been on the ship. I, personally, appreciated the many improvements made since the ship launched a little over a year ago and I know there will be many more by the next sailing. I welcome the new innovations and understand it is not for everyone who desires 'traditional' and familiar. My biggest disappointment was not taking an extended tour (self-guided and guided) of the art work aboard. The first time not doing this in many sailings on X. I will make up for it on our next sailing on The Edge. If anyone sees me around the board(s) and have questions, do not hesitate to reach out. bon voyage and many more!

The Edge - A Very Good Sailing Overall!!!

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by Bo1953

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda

Lunch in Eden was fine, yet not to my taste...

Attended a tournament in The Casino and that was great fun.

BUT when we got service in most venues, it was very good overall.

bon voyage and many more!
Bo1953’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Celebrity Edge price drops

Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda
Cabin E1
The cabin was clean, presentable, and inviting. Our cabin attendant was very accommodating.

I found our IV to be very relaxing even when in port.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins