3. Norwegian Breakaway
We arrived at the port at 10:50 and were on the ship by 11:00. We just got our Platinum status so that may have played a part in the quick embarkation, but it didn't look like anyone was waiting overly long. We knew from cruising a mega ship earlier to pre-book entertainment the second you get on the ship so we did that via the numerous touch screens located throughout the ship. She was easy to navigate and we found our way quickly. Our balcony cabin, 11134, was as expected though the balcony was the smallest we've ever had. In contrast, the bathroom was the largest. We were supposed to have a bed by the balcony, but it was by the door. I was initially disappointed, but it turned out we liked it better that way because it made the room look bigger. Our room steward, Dennis, was awesome and did a thorough job. We weren't aware that NCL only makes towel animals upon request. My DH eventually told Dennis that I love towel animals on the last sea day and he made me 2 that day. They made me super happy and were very much appreciated. All of the entertainment was good. Six was phenomenal and rivaled some of the Broadway shows we've saw. The Syd Norman's band and the dueling pianos show were phenomenal. We could have skipped Burn the Floor, but only because it's not up our alley. We did have 2 minor issues (burned out bathroom light and clogged shower drain) and they were corrected quickly once we told customer service. We had an engine issue leaving Jamaica and were delayed several hours. We were kept informed about what was going on and how this would impact our arrival into Grand Cayman the next day. We did get an extended time to make up for it, but that also affected our arrival into Cozumel. After missing our private excursion in Grand Cayman due to the late arrival, I knew to contact our private operator in Cozumel to let them know and they waited for us. We had no issues using the free internet package given to us with our Platinum status; it was quick and easy to use. The casino treated us well. I won a $2500 jackpot on a $0.50 bet and my DH used the same $20 the whole time and we both came out ahead. Can't ask for better! Food was as expected. The buffet was hot and options were plentiful. We loved the specialty dining, especially Moderno and Teppanyaki. Chef Elizabeth was hilarious and the food was AMAZING! They offered Oatmeal Raisin and Chocolate cookies every night at the buffet, which were yummy. My DH mentioned to me that he wished they had chocolate chip and the buffet chef overheard him and quickly procured him some chocolate chip cookies that were underneath the counter. Very appreciated (wish we could have caught her name to formally recognize her)! The morning coffee people were entertaining and a delight. We spent a few breakfasts at the buffet at Jimmy Buffets, way less crowded and the omelet man up there was super friendly and welcoming. We had the beverage package and had no issues getting a drink, whether alcoholic or just a soda. Save your money on the water package and just use any ship tap using reusable bottles. We kept one full bottle in our fridge and carried another with us. We also had a behind the scenes tour with our Platinum status. It's surreal to see everything that happens that you aren't even aware of. Tons of credit to the laundry workers. The gentleman at the end of the sheet dryer who had worked there for 20+ years took great pride in his work and loved to show us everything. Will, our tour guide, answered all of our questions and was great. We used the fitness center everyday and never had to wait for a cardio machine. Several ellipticals were out of order for the whole cruise, but that didn't impact our ability to procure one. Disembarking was quick and easy. We arranged private transportation to MCO and arrived before 8:30 for our 11:00 flight. Overall, we had a great cruise. There was always a line at Guest Services so I'm sure not everyone would agree, but we had no complaints. We'll be back on the Breakaway in May and were looking forward to sailing with her and her great crew again!

Another awesome NCL vacation