3. Rhapsody of the Seas
This is one of the smaller ships offered by Royal Caribbean. I would definitely go again. I've seen some reviews about cleanliness and norovirus and I could not disagree more. It's almost like you'd have to *try* to get sick on this ship. Our cabin was cleaned TWICE a day, there were hand sanitizers everywhere, there were people holding and offering you hand sanitizer as you entered and left each restaurant, as you entered and left the ship in ports, etc. We embarked and debarked from Tampa and had no issues at all. We did do the self-assist and it was literally 30 min from leaving our cabin to catching a taxi (we live in Tampa). As I said, this is a smaller ship, so if you get motion sickness, bring Dramamine just in case of a rough night. We only had one and two Dramamine pills took care of it for me. On this ship, there's only 3 restaurants. Edelweiss is the nice dining room (no shorts, t-shirts, tanks allowed), Windjammer is the buffet, and Park Café is the grab n go. We really only ate at Edelweiss and Windjammer and both were good. Again - not sure about the 'cold food' comments re Windjammer, we found it to be just fine. The food that was supposed to be hot was hot and the food that was supposed to be cold was cold. The bars and theater were great. The weather was rough on our first day so the port at Key West was closed. The team at Rhapsody added multiple activities and I soon found myself going from super sad to super happy. My teen and I did the Scavenger Hunt which was so much fun, then I got to watch my Saints play the Titans in the theater! I'm a die hard Saints fan and figured I would miss the game and, instead, got to watch Michael Thomas break a record. Very happy! The shows in the theater were very good. I especially enjoyed Anselmo Boles in the Schooner Bar (a.k.a. the 'piano bar' at night) each night. He played great sing-a-long music for everyone. The Schooner bar also offers trivia during the day that is fun. The Shall We Dance lounge offers karaoke, bingo, etc and karaoke is for both family and adults at different times. Be aware that bingo is ridiculously expensive ($29 minimum for 3 games), but the prize money and prizes are gigantic. This isn't your regular charity bingo that you play for your kid's school. The Centrum is great for everyone and they offer just about everything. We were on a Christmas cruise and Santa came for all the kids, they had a Christmas tree lighting, massive gingerbread display, bands, Christmas music, etc. Other days were towel animal making sessions, family team egg drop competitions, dance classes, etc Above all, I would say that I loved this ship because the staff were beyond friendly (even to clearly rude people). On a smaller boat, you get to know the staff well as well as some of your fellow passengers and I found that the staff made an effort to remember my name which I thought was so cool. I visited Guest Services, the Internet Desk, and another desk (can't remember - not excursions), and my service was super fast each time. There are a couple ATMs on the ship. My card did not work in the casino ATM, however, it did work in the Atrium ATM outside of the casino (next to Guest Services). I will say that if you're going ashore and on any excursions, the ATM on the ship - even though the service fee will seem ridiculous - is still cheaper to use than any ATM on your excursion. We went into Cozumel and took a taxi and I had to go to *6* ATMs to even find one that worked and it cost me $7.95 in fees PLUS 7% of my transaction. Get your cash before you get on this ship or while you're on the ship. Much cheaper. Probably a lot of people know this, but I did not. On the Pool deck (9), there is a bar and a big screen where movies are shown. I found myself watching some movies I had wanted to see in the theater as well as a documentary one night. 10 has a ton of deck chairs and that is where I read my book and hung out in the sunshine each morning. There is also a walking/jogging track and a gym on 10 if that is what you want to do. I did visit the spa for a massage. The hot stone massage was FANTASTIC and I bought what I feel are some very good products. I've been sold products on cruises before at the spa, but these, I actually have already used them and I like them tremendously. My only complaint on the spa was that the spa seemed to be directly under the teen/kids space and I heard a bunch of 'thump thump thumping' while I was getting my massage which is a little disconcerting. I traveled with my teenager. I think my teen would prefer a bigger ship with the ziplines, 42 restaurants, etc, however, I am 49 and I loved it loved it loved it. I would say this ship more caters to the 40-80 year olds even though my teenager did have a very good time overall. Also, my teen is LGBTQ and I saw meet-ups for adults, but none for teens even though I met other passengers with LGBTQ youth.

Amazing - will definitely book again

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by flasteph

flasteph’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 1N
Our cabin was fantastic, cleaned twice a day, plenty of towels/soap/toilet tissue, etc. We had zero issues with our cabin.
Deck 4 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins