Paul Gauguin Cruise Review

What a great trip!

Paul Gauguin Cruise Review by stephensjw

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the South Pacific

Wow, what a fantastic experience! My wife and I had been looking forward to seeing the Marquesas islands for the first time.

The Gauguin only makes a few trips to these wonderful islands 3 or 4 times per year. There is simply no better way to visit them. Over the span of a week, we were able to visit 4 unique islands and their authentic local population. Some islands have only 350-850 residents.

We met locals who were so proud to show us their islands. Some of the sights were awe inspiring.

It's impossible to overstate how much we appreciated the ship's crew and their friendliness. We were onboard only a few days and everyone seemed to know our names.

Our cabin was nice, with a balcony. Our stewardess Sharonette kept things tidy and clean every day. The included fully stocked mini bar was always replenished.

We had room service breakfast quite a few times, especially nice on the sea days so we could sleep in.

The casino had tournaments for roulette and black jack and we had a great time even when I lost. Casino hosts Roderick and Mirella were outstanding.

The dining is exceptional, our favorite was the lobster dinner. My wife and I liked it so much John Paul our waiter ordered us another entrée to our surprise and enjoyment. The sommelier Eduardo is top notch and we loved his choices.

The trip was an experience my wife and I will always cherish. The ship, it's crew and islands are truly an incredible combination.

stephensjw's Full Rating Summary

Nice cabin, spacious with a balcony. Butler service was nice, Phillip was excellent. Canapes every night were a nice touch. Fresh fruit was replenished every day as was the minibar.

Huahine

Took le truck to the Yacht club and had lunch and beers!

4WD Island Tour

Saw WW2 cannons and bunkers, great views of the bay and ship from the mountains

View All 14 4WD Island Tour Reviews
Aquatic Adventures

Great helmet diving, an experience I will never forget.

View All 4 Aquatic Adventures Reviews
Moorea Fruit Juice Factory

Fun tour with delicious tastings.

View All 3 Moorea Fruit Juice Factory Reviews