• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

gandc01
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Nov 2019
Cabin: Balcony
This is a screenshot of the Carnival app crashing as I was trying to get my

I had sailed on the Splendor in 2013 from Santiago to Buenos Aires. It was wonderful. When I heard that the Splendor was being repositioned from Singapore to Sydney, I was really looking forward cruise.

The cruise had to be booked through the Australian department but that meant finding the 800 number.

But it was a disaster from start to finish. Carnival has two departments - the US and the Australian departments. The repositioning cruise started in Los Angeles. Once it left Hawaii, it became part of the Australian department. What this meant was that this cruise was no longer on the US Carnival web site. The travel agent said the cruise did not exist so I spent half a day finding the Carnival Australian department and how to book the cruise. The department is based in Denver and the computers in Denver do not talk to the Miami computers. The fare was paid in Australian dollars on a .au web site.

Balcony

The cabin had many maintenance problems listed above. It was roomy. The balcony was used for drying clothes as the laundry machines did not work for the most part.

Port Reviews

Komodo Island

We were again late getting onto Komodo because the captain could not maneuver the ship properly. The dragons were great. I had chartered a boat so we went to a remote place for snorkelling that was wonderful. We saw the black manta rays. Pink beach was cold but the snorkelling was good.

2 Helpful Votes