• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Carnival Sunshine Review

Editor Rating
2 Awards

Our room steward was awesome!

Review for Carnival Sunshine to the Southern Caribbean
CarlyMaman
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin: Balcony

We chose this cruise bc I wanted to celebrate our 25th anniversary and I was looking for the closest port. It turns out an 11 day Journeys cruise was leaving from our hometown so it was perfect. We went to St. Thomas, Aruba, Bonaire, Grand Turks, and Princess Cays. Like with every cruise there are pros and cons.

Cons first

This was only our third cruise so not a lot of experience. The port itself isn't easy to navigate and we are hoping they fix this soon. The ship has a smaller Comedy Club and Liquid Lounge area then I think is normal and the shows were ok. The food was not as good as I've had on Norweigan.

Balcony

Cabin was expected and always clean. The balcony was very nice.

Port Reviews

Grand Turk

Grand Turks port was right on a beach. There is shopping, a restaurant, and a large pool area. We opted for the beach. The ship is so close you could have touched it but that was ok. The only part we didn't care for was how crowded it got. There was another ship there with us.

Princess Cays

It was a bit cool the day we were there so I wasn't in the water a lot. The lifeguard station looked like the dock was broken and a plastic chair was broken under it and holding it up. As our chairs were in front of this I thought it was odd. You could rent water floats so that was nice. The lunch was plentiful and more to choose from then i thought we would find.

previous reviewnext review