3. Carnival Sunshine
We chose this cruise bc I wanted to celebrate our 25th anniversary and I was looking for the closest port. It turns out an 11 day Journeys cruise was leaving from our hometown so it was perfect. We went to St. Thomas, Aruba, Bonaire, Grand Turks, and Princess Cays. Like with every cruise there are pros and cons. Cons first This was only our third cruise so not a lot of experience. The port itself isn't easy to navigate and we are hoping they fix this soon. The ship has a smaller Comedy Club and Liquid Lounge area then I think is normal and the shows were ok. The food was not as good as I've had on Norweigan. Now the Pros I have to say the cruise director and the fun squad was phenomenal!!! Neither cruise that we were previously on could top them. Our cabin steward ( RENATO ) was so very wonderful I have no words. I didn't even know someone on a ship could make me feel that comfortable. Carnival has a very valued employee and we hope they know it! His team of people that assisted him were very nice as were anyone we encountered in our hallways. It was like we were family. If we decide to cruise again on the Sunshine we would actually try to request Ren again! We splurged for a balcony room 6234 and it was nice and clean all the time. Thank you Renato!! We loved our excursions and would do them all again.

Our room steward was awesome!

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by CarlyMaman

Cons first

Now the Pros

CarlyMaman’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8B
Cabin was expected and always clean. The balcony was very nice.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Snorkeling
    The boat was clean and large but there were alot more people than we thought considering it is called VIP cruise & snorkel with lunch. Lunch was macaroni salad, potato salad, and fish, beef, and chicken kabobs. It was very good. Tastier than the cruise buffet. The staff was funny, attentive, and informative. We had a wonderful time and would do it again.
    View All 170 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    A water taxi took us a short way to the catamaran. We went to a spot that resembled someones backyard. It rained and yet the staff was great. I only remember the 2 young people bc they are the ones that talked to us the most. We had a great time and would do it again. This is the only excursion we've been on that did not ask for a tip. For that we are grateful.
    View All 158 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Grand Turk
    Grand Turks port was right on a beach. There is shopping, a restaurant, and a large pool area. We opted for the beach. The ship is so close you could have touched it but that was ok. The only part we didn't care for was how crowded it got. There was another ship there with us.
    View All 2,170 Grand Turk Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Turk Cruise Port Review
  • Princess Cays
    It was a bit cool the day we were there so I wasn't in the water a lot. The lifeguard station looked like the dock was broken and a plastic chair was broken under it and holding it up. As our chairs were in front of this I thought it was odd. You could rent water floats so that was nice. The lunch was plentiful and more to choose from then i thought we would find.
    View All 595 Princess Cays Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Princess Cays Cruise Port Review
  • St. Thomas
    It was easy and so very fun! We would do it again! Matt and Erick were wonderful and we felt safe the entire time.
    View All 13,939 St. Thomas Cruise Port Reviews