3. Norwegian Bliss
The Bliss is a beautiful new ship. It's kept in pristine condition. You never see trash laying around, fingerprints on the mirrors, etc. The staff is on top of it. We stay in the Haven suites, so we do have a bit of a different experience than those not staying in the Haven. If you can afford it, it's totally worth it. The restaurant is amazing, from food to service. The courtyard is beautiful and came in very handy with the pool and hot tub. Having your own Haven bar is pretty special too. The highlight of the ship is the Horizon Lounge though. It's a 2 story observation area in the front of the ship. It's such a nice quite place to go and just watch the ocean go by, take a nap, play a game, grab a snack, read a book, whatever. We did eat in several of the specialty restaurants. By far, our favorite was Los Lobos, the Mexican Restaurant. It was fantastic! It far exceeded our expectations and the food was outstanding. We also went to Ocean Blue, Food Republic and La Cucina. To be honest, the 3 restaurants were a total disappointment. We had better food in Savor, one of the main dining rooms. They got it right with Los Lobos. It's authentic Mexican cuisine. The street corn was so tasty! Since we stayed in the Haven, we didn't have the need to go to the pool deck at all, except to get to somewhere else. It was always way too crowded for us anyway. We did play laser tag and got our butts beat by some savvy laser taggers who obviously play a lot. We did not go on the go carts because my daughter wasn't comfortable with the helmet they have you wear. It's a full face helmet and if you are claustrophobic, you will struggle. We went on several ship sponsored excursions. The first was a catamaran snorkel trip in St. Thomas. We had a great time and the boat was pristine and well cared for. The crew got in and snorkeled with us, explaining everything to us and showing us cool things. Another excursion we went on was the train ride around St. Kitts. That was a lot of fun. We learned so much about the island, and the now defunct the sugar cane industry. St. Kitts was the most friendly island we went to. Everyone waved and said hi. St. Lucia, we didn't go on any excursions and just went to the open air markets. We tried island apples from a local vendor. They peeled and washed them for us. Then it was off to the market where homemade crafts were sold. I could have spent a fortune in there. I luckily didn't have a fortune with me and eventually had to stop buying the amazing crafts. I got baskets, dolls, wooden masks, wooden bowls, and so much more. The people were so nice and were NOT pushy at all. I'd go on another cruise to St. Lucia just to go back to that market WITH a fortune! In Barbados, we went on another snorkel trip with sea turtles. This boat was pretty run down. I wasn't impressed. The crew was nice, but the equipment was also not as nice as what we got to use in St. Thomas. In Antigua we hired a taxi to take us all over the island. Another amazing day. So our 12 day once in a lifetime vacation was incredible to say the least. Stay in the Haven if you can. The extras you get are so worth the additional cost. You have your own steward, butler, concierge, bar, pool, sundeck, observation area......I could go on and on. We will always be Haven guests now. This was our second Haven stay and I see many more in the future.

An amazing vacation on the Bliss in the Haven

Judgegirl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

The Haven 2-bedroom Family Villa with Balcony
Cabin H4
Our cabin, the 2 bedroom Haven suite was amazing. This is the second time we have stayed in the 2 bedroom. There were 4 of us, including my husband, 21 year old daughter and father in law. My FIL got the 2nd bedroom with its own bathroom. The 2 BR is really special. The master has a king sized bed and huge bathroom, complete with a bath tub and windows overlooking the ocean. My daughter slept on the couch in the living room, which was made up nightly for her. I cannot say enough about this room and our steward Jenifred (Freddy). He took such good care of us. There is so much storage throughout the whole room(s). The 2nd bedroom has a pullman that comes out of the ceiling, adding another bed for a young person. Our last cruise, my adult kids slept in there, with my petite daughter sleeping up top.
Deck 18 Suite Cabins