3. Carnival Sunrise
Carnival cruise #29 (4th for 2019) so you can trust my opinion. First I must recognize some of the nicest staff on the seas and off. The folks during embark and debark were very friendly in FLL and all the ship staff we had contact with was very friendly. We personally like to recognize one of our waiters (Edy) and room steward (Saiful). The new decor is modern and beautiful. This is not a 5-star rated ship in my opinion because Carnival added cabins to decks 3 and 5. This tightens up the commons areas, especially in lido marketplace and the two show lounges. We were never able to see a show in either lounge because they were full with too many others waiting in line. Not sure who was in the room when the decision was made to remove a whole floor in the main lounge to add cabins on deck 3. That said, we stayed in our cabin alot and in Serenity area since there were about 25-30% of passengers under the age of 12. Not the worse way to spend our anniversary, which was made extra special by Carnival's Ambassador John Heald - Thanks John!

Great staff and beautiful decor, but too crowded

Carnival Sunrise Cruise Review by dlpugh

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
dlpugh’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunrise price drops

New interior because of recent relaunch as Sunrise (originally Triumph). I like the new tables and couches. I was disappointed they removed the 4 drawers, which is convenient to keep things off the vanity.
  Carnival Sunrise Deck Plans