3. Viking Jarl
I went with my parents for Christmas vacation. I will list the pros and cons. Pros: -The ship is well heated -The rooms and showers are clean -They will bend over backwards to accommodate you -Some of the excursions are decent -The staff is cordial and well-vetted -The excursions are planned so that you don't have to do much thinking or organizing -It is handicap accessible with an elevator Cons: -You must eat during their pre-set meal times. -Sometimes dinner isn't until 7 or 730 and my family and I were hungry prior to dinner time -There are no snacks available outside of meal times -The food is mediocre at best -Most of the cruising is done at night, so you don't get to see much of the river -If you book to sail Nov-Apr, please expect many of your excursions to be cancelled. They contract with local guides who don't do tours during the winter, but they will make you think you have a lot of fun things planned until you start getting cancellation emails -Don't bother going to the top deck if it's cold - everything is shut down Neither pros nor cons: -The activity director will announce excursions 15 minutes prior (over the loud speaker, which can wake you up if you are asleep) -They tidy your room twice a day. I personally don't want someone bothering me or in my room 2x a day, but some people might. -You don't feel the boat move much All said and done, I'm glad we did this for the experience but we've agreed we won't go again. We like more flexibility in accessing food, and we can organize a trip like this cheaper on our own with more shore time and exploration. A lot of time is spent cruising.

Impartial Review - Pros and Cons - YOU decide!

Viking Jarl Cruise Review by Rotheme1

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom
I went with my parents for Christmas vacation. I will list the pros and cons.

Pros:

-The ship is well heated

-The rooms and showers are clean

-They will bend over backwards to accommodate you

-Some of the excursions are decent

-The staff is cordial and well-vetted

-It is handicap accessible with an elevator

Cons:

-You must eat during their pre-set meal times.

-There are no snacks available outside of meal times

-The food is mediocre at best

-Don't bother going to the top deck if it's cold - everything is shut down

Neither pros nor cons:

-You don't feel the boat move much

Rotheme1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Jarl price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B
Small but clean and comfortable. My TV worked, my parents' did not but the concierge fixed it for them.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins