3. Celebrity Silhouette
Leaving cold, snow and sleet for a warm vacation seemed like a good idea. A day or so after leaving home our area was smacked with a Nor'easter. Because of Celebrity's making a "scheduling change" and moving our embarkation from Fort Lauderdale to Miami; we opted to go directly to Miami from FLL. After reading a recent review; we made the right decision. In one of my posts I wrote how chaotic it would be at FLL the day of embarkation. We arrived two days prior to the cruise and stayed at the Hilton Hampton Suites on 12th St.. We had a wonderful two days there. We stayed in a suite which was quiet, clean and comfortable with great customer service! Boarding was a little screwed up. We had checked in online and had all of our documentation, passports, etc.. I do remember the name of the man at the check-in desk but I will not embarrass him on here. Apparently, he was either new or just a bit dim-witted. He could not find our sea pass. Subsequently, he made to new sea passes. Before leaving the desk I checked to make sure everything was in order. I did check to make sure our PNA beverage package was on the card. Everything "appeared" in order. One thing I could not check was; will it open our cabin door? My fears were realized and , yup; red light. Our cabin steward, Sanjeev, arrived but could not open our cabin until he checked, "something out". My wife had showed him our sea pass but no dice. Five minutes later he returned and opened our cabin. The first two nights we ate at the MDR. Service; eh ! We dressed appropriately for "chic" night but two and a half hours to eat; I don't think so. We opted to eat all our meals at the buffet. We would eat dinner around 6:30, for the rest of the cruise. Most of the time, I felt like I was in an all night Waldorf cafeteria. Some nights there would be, maybe, 75 people eating. The food was okay but not to the point of being good. The food, kept us alive for twelve nights, we did not have any ill effects. The service was good. Diabetics beware! I am vigilant when it comes to my diabetes. One night I had pasta and one night I had stir fry and they were the exception I stayed clear of carbs, alcohol and obviously sugar. I was told by a barista, at El Bacio, there was no Splenda on the entire ship. He was wrong ! My wife was able to locate a "stash" at the Hideaway, deck 7, (the coffee machines were out of service?). Unfortunately, it was on our last night. The entire cruise I settled for Truvia or Equal to have with my coffee. I check my sugar levels every day. It spiked as much as 35 points during the cruise. The day after arriving home; my sugar level was back to my daily average. They either use sugar or MSG in their food to enhance the flavor.When I arrived back home I did a little research on MSG and found it can restrict insulin production. Entertainment was OK. The only act we enjoyed was; Horizon. A three man R&B group, circa 1970. They did a tribute to Motown and they were terrific. We did not go ashore every port of call. St. Croix: We went to Rainbow Beach. We ate at "Rythyms" and the food was good. The beach; sucked. All shapes and sizes of rocks getting into the water which made it difficult to get in and treacherous to get out. My wife wrenched her foot between two of the larger rocks getting out of the water. St Vincent: More panhandlers than any other island we have visited. I am a "street wise" guy and I felt uncomfortable. Talking to other folks on our cruise; they felt as I did. We will never go back to St. Vincent. Disembarkation: A horror story. There was no coordination between Ryan, and the crew (BTW a very nice guy and HE did his best). Celebrity has to get their act back together, again, in all departments. . Celebrity is cutting back in many areas. Some small and some not so small. A small one; we missed the daily newsletter at Customer Service. When it was available one could, co the crossword,m catch up on world news, sports, weather back home, etc.. We were blessed to meet some wonderful people from Florida (most) , Great Britain, Green Bay Packer fans and, our home state; Massachusetts ! With all that being said; we relaxed, got some sun and had a nice cruise.

Quality Control most certainly needed

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Cantorindahouse

We did not go ashore every port of call.

With all that being said; we relaxed, got some sun and had a nice cruise.
Cantorindahouse’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 2A
Good cabin on the "hump". Our steward kept our room clean and tidy. Very quiet. No complaints here.
Sunrise Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins