3. Sapphire Princess
This ship was renovated in 2018 but it was not well done at all. The green carpet around pools looked dated and was always soaking wet. Pool furniture was also dated and tired looking. Carpets around ship all looked quite new but beyond that it seems Princess spent very little on this renovation. Balcony rails are very chipped and ship was very rusty looking. Food was at best average We ate mostly in the Blue Pacific dining room as others were over air conditioned. Entertainment was again average One act was used 3 times in 10 days which is not acceptable.Pool party was just a disco on deck No decorations or food was provided and very little effort put in to create any kind of party atmosphere at all. We used casino once but faulty machine meant we waited for 5 different casino staff to fix us up with a manual pay out slip. I was very bored by day 5 but worse was to come when influenza swept through the ship and I was quarantined for last 2 days of cruise Honestly by then I didn't care as I never felt I missed out on anything going on in the ship as it was just the most average cruise ever. Food in Horizon Court was lacking in choice but you won't go hungry Same in dining rooms. We used the Sanctuary one day and it was well worth the $20 fee as they serve afternoon tea Sadly rain or flu meant we only went there once in cruise when we had planned on 5 afternoon visits.

Average ship, average food, bad flu epidemic

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by scotlanders

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
scotlanders’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sapphire Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BF
Cabin was adequate but small Renovations were barely visible other than new carpets and wall mounted TV Bathrooms were not touched and badly need renovating too Cabin was worn and tired and balcony showed signs of ships age and basic renovation
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins