Carnival Splendor Cruise Review
1,446 Reviews

Large old ship that needs a lot of work

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Microtek

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Interior Upper/Lower

We chose this cruise because it sounded so good with the new makeover and refurbishment.Well after a month in Singapore to do all the work I don’t know what happened because when we got on the ship was in poor condition, the interior looks a lot like an old run down casino in Freeman st Las Vargas .Problems started from the minute we arrived at Boarding,it took 3 hours to get on the ship then at least another hour to hand our passports in and put money on our ship card,It was extremely hot, no around staff didn’t know what they were doing,no one could answer questions or give directions.The ship is hard to get around during the entire trip only half of The lifts were working at any one time.Washing machines didn’t work for several days.A lot of rude staff,I asked for a glass if water in the adults only area on my first day and was told to get it my self.Food was not the best and nearly the same every day.No butter only a white spread they call butter it was disgusting,very expensive drinks,activities mainly involved money they pushed all activities that you had to pay ,nothing to do on Sea day, very little room around or in the pool due to the large amount of people.Tours extremely expensive and very hard to get off the ship on time.I have been on a lot of cruises and this one was definitely the worst.I would not recommend this ship.Staff need training,Chefs definitely need to learn to cook better and there needs to be a better variety of food, entertainment,and daily activities.

Microtek's Full Rating Summary

Interior Upper/Lower

Cabin average,broken mirror and light on first day it took a couple of days to get fixed extremely small wardrobe we had to keep some clothes in bags

Microtek