3. Star Pride
This is the first trip review that I have ever posted. I felt that it was necessary because of the extremely negative customer experience. First of all, I booked this cruise in February 2019. The cruises line claims that you get the best pricing when you book early. Not true. They discounted this cruise right after the final payment date by USD$1000 per couple. When we asked for a refund we were told that the price guarantee does not apply after the last payment date. In my opinion this is false advertising. So I had hoped that the cruise would offer a better customer experience. Wrong again. The Pros: Very large cabins Food was generally good with a few misses. On deck BBQ is a disaster. Cold food and certainly not 5 star. Lamb at Candles was not good either. Buffets at breakfast and lunch are not 5 star. Staff was courteous and friendly however this does not differentiate this line from other lines we have cruised on such as Celebrity and Carnival. The Cons: One 110V electrical outlet in the cabin. Ship is very dated, some cabins had leakage when it rained. Bathrooms were very dated with insufficient shower facilities. Buffets at breakfast and lunch – not a 5 star experience. Pool is about 1.5 times the size of my hot tub at home. I worked in the salon and spa business and I would never entertain having a treatment in their salon. Certainly not a 5 star experience. This ship needs a huge overhaul, which I understand it is due for in Nov 2020. In the interim the cruise line should be discounting fares, not increasing them as this is at best a 3 star experience.

Windstar is definitely NOT a 5 star cruise line!

Star Pride Cruise Review by rsamtleben

The Pros:

Very large cabins

The Cons:

One 110V electrical outlet in the cabin.

Ship is very dated, some cabins had leakage when it rained.

Bathrooms were very dated with insufficient shower facilities.

Buffets at breakfast and lunch – not a 5 star experience.

Pool is about 1.5 times the size of my hot tub at home.

rsamtleben’s Full Rating Summary
Get Windstar Star Pride price drops

Balcony Suite
Cabin BS1
The cabin was large but dated. Shower facilities were terrible. Only one electrical outlet that was useable. Stains on the carpet. Very old décor.
Deck 6 Suite Cabins