• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

elizabethforman65
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin: Oceanview

My husband and I wanted to see the Panama Canal. Overall the trip was satisfactory. The staff were wonderful. My only objection was that some of the ports were not much to visit unless you were going on a tour. We found that many of the tours were too expensive. The best port was Cartagena, Columbia. It had a small park with exotic birds and a free shuttle. I wanted to go on this cruise because my birthday was December 18th. Our steward Edgar was so kind and competent. He changed our room ( picture window) to a better configuration so we could both get out on each side of the bed. My husband is allergic to msg as well as a number of other things so the staff in the Main Dining room were very accommodating and watched over him including Kieron who was the head waiter. They had him order the night before so they could make sure there were no food additives. The problem was generally the sauces or anything that was a preordered item. We really enjoyed the cruise but encountered a problem when my husband fell in front of the dining room due to the motion of the ship. The medical staff were great though and my husband is now all right.

Oceanview

The cabin had to be reconfigured so my husband and I could both get out on each side of the bed. If I were to do it over I would have chosen a balcony but then we wouldn’t have gotten Edgar who was a great steward.

Port Reviews

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

Loved Fort Lauderdale. Would stay at Embassy Suites on 17th Street next time.

Grand Turk

Not much there.

Cartagena (Colombia)

Lovely park with a free shuttle.

Colon (Cristobal)

Not much there.

Puerto Limon

Didn’t get off ship.

Montego Bay

Got off ship and took free shuttle to nowhere.

Service was tops. The restaurant food was good and hot.

6 Helpful Votes