3. Marella Discovery 2
The first and foremost part is what let’s the whole thing down. We were forced to leave our baggage outside the rooms at 2am the night before leaving . I complained and said I wasn’t comfortable and I was told their was no option. My case and my wife’s case turned up in the U.K. missing a £3.5k work MacBook Pro , 400 cigarettes and several items of designer clothes. The security seals were broken and the locks completely gone . After speaking with other cruisers since back they had the exact same issue with security seals tampered with and missing items. When I contacted TUI they weren’t in the slight bit interested and fobbed me off to travel insurance despite me asking for help in trying to track it down. No ownership of the problem whatsoever essentially means I have spent my last penny with TUI and will be telling people to avoid also. All in all the ship has been updated in the public areas but needs renovation in staircases and cabins. The atrium lifts were always filthy. Most staff are pleasant and friendly on the bars and restaurants but the entertainment staff less so (apart from Manuel and Tom) Restaurants are generally good however it’s very chaotic at times and service can be a little all over the place. My 30 year old wife was served a dessert saying “happy 60th Tony” on the plate. The buffet is absolutely atrocious and is school canteen standards, You would easily find a better breakfast in Asda. Alcoholic drinks are good but soft drinks again are atrocious with the syrups not mixed properly due to old machines and poor mixing.

Half Bothered and Thefts

Marella Discovery 2 Cruise Review by mitchellmm01

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean

The atrium lifts were always filthy.

mitchellmm01’s Full Rating Summary