3. Adventure of the Seas
We were a group of 7. Myself (53), wife (59), our married daughter and son in-law (both 36) and their 3 children aged 16, 14, 10. My wife and I are experienced cruisers however the kids are not. We chose this cruise because we were paying for everyone and it was affordably priced compared to other ships and itineraries during this period. We had three cabins. Two balconies (one corner aft) and one interior. Embarkation in Fort Lauderdale was easy and smooth. We arrived at the ship at apx. 11 am and boarding had already begun. We were walking through the promenade by 11:15. The ship is in excellent condition. While there are tiny signs of her age in the room nothing that was off putting. The common areas were all meticulously maintained. The Windjammer is busy during peak times but there is an easy flow to the traffic and there was very little waiting to serve yourself. We were always able to find a table and the servers for the most part were quite attentive. I thought the quality of the food was quite good for buffet style eating. Breakfast especially stood out. We did eat most lunches here but were particularly hungry because of the big breakfasts we ate. The MDR was, as expected, very good. Our waiter and asst. waiter were a treat. They tripped over themselves to make sure we enjoyed our food. Sometime brining out extra things we hadn't order just so we could sample them. Entertainment was good. We especially enjoyed the figure skating show. We went back for a second round we enjoyed it so much. We also had fun at the family public skate. I found one of the bands on Boleros (playing 80's top 40) so good I stalked their performance almost everyday. The younger kids loved the waterslides.. Our cabin attendant was amazing... She must work 20 hours a day to do all that she does. The bar service was exceptional. I never waited more than a minute, in any bar, to have my order taken. Even during busy times. Grand Cayman... we just wondered the port area and did a little shopping. Costa Maya... Boys were zip lining and girls were swimming with dolphins. 5 stars for both. I also got a great massage in the port shopping area for a very affordable price. Cozumel was a dune buggy and snorkel excursion booked through the cruise line. 4 stars. We enjoyed it but the walk from the meeting point to the actual dune buggies was a little excessive first thing in the morning when you are barely even awake. LOL. The 10 year old was part of the Kids club and loved it! Debarkation was a bit chaotic. Getting off the ship was fine. However border control point was very poorly organized and took twice as long as it should have and the traffic to get into the port caused our Uber to take twice as long as predicted. Thats on the port and not Royal Caribbean though. We will be back on Royal again soon and would definitely sail on Adventure anytime again.

Excellent Family Cruise

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Tree_skier

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Spacious Ocean View Balcony

Grand Cayman... we just wondered the port area and did a little shopping.

The 10 year old was part of the Kids club and loved it!

Tree_skier’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Spacious Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 3B
1688 was one of those corner aft cabins. It is the size of a Jr suite minus the walk-in closet and the tub in the bathroom. The best feature is the massive deck. We got a lot of use out that.

The bed was comfortable, the carpet were clean and furnishings were in good repair. There were a few little dings and scratches but nothing off putting and particularly noticeable.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins