3. Sun Princess
We chose this cruise to celebrate my 60th birthday. Good points 1) very good service and meals at the traditional sitting (7.30 pm) 2) good company once again at the traditional setting 3) ship is clean and continually being maintained to keep it up to date. The sun princess was built in 1995 and is in good condition considering its age 4) The crew were polite and courteous as we have grown accustomed to with princess cruises Bad points 1) The wine list has become too expensive for the average working man as far as I am concerned. The cheapest cabernet sauvignon was a french wine ($42/bottle) and it was terrible. We found a decent South Australian wine from the Coonawarra but it cost $55/bottle. Princess used to provide decent Australian wines for $30/bottle which I was happy to pay but $55/bottle? We did not drink much this time. 2) We toured SE Asia and the cruise was not sympathetic to my wife who is disabled with rheumatoid arthritis. She was stranded on the ship for 8 of the 11 ports. The buses in Asia are not disabled-friendly. If you are not active then forget SE Asia. 3) You get ripped off at every port due to the cartel having first options for taxi services. Be patient and walk an extra 10 - 15 minutes and you might get a fair deal. The monopoly of the few needs to be broken. 4) The tours are too expensive. It is time competition was allowed into the ports for those who wish to explore on there own. Let a cruise become more of an adventure in this globalised world.

SE Asia Cruise from Perth in Western Australia

Sun Princess Cruise Review by gibbo0010

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
We chose this cruise to celebrate my 60th birthday.

Good points

1) very good service and meals at the traditional sitting (7.30 pm)

2) good company once again at the traditional setting

Bad points

gibbo0010’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sun Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC
The cabin was good and well maintained by the cabin steward
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins