Sun Princess Cruise Review by gibbo0010
- Sail Date: November 2019
- Destination: Asia
- Cabin Type: Balcony
1) very good service and meals at the traditional sitting (7.30 pm)
2) good company once again at the traditional setting
3) ship is clean and continually being maintained to keep it up to date. The sun princess was built in 1995 and is in good condition considering its age
4) The crew were polite and courteous as we have grown accustomed to with princess cruises
1) The wine list has become too expensive for the average working man as far as I am concerned. The cheapest cabernet sauvignon was a french wine ($42/bottle) and it was terrible. We found a decent South Australian wine from the Coonawarra but it cost $55/bottle. Princess used to provide decent Australian wines for $30/bottle which I was happy to pay but $55/bottle? We did not drink much this time.
2) We toured SE Asia and the cruise was not sympathetic to my wife who is disabled with rheumatoid arthritis. She was stranded on the ship for 8 of the 11 ports. The buses in Asia are not disabled-friendly. If you are not active then forget SE Asia.
3) You get ripped off at every port due to the cartel having first options for taxi services. Be patient and walk an extra 10 - 15 minutes and you might get a fair deal. The monopoly of the few needs to be broken.
4) The tours are too expensive. It is time competition was allowed into the ports for those who wish to explore on there own. Let a cruise become more of an adventure in this globalised world.
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Bangkok (Laem Chabang)Went to Pattaya and had a good time once we escaped the taxi cartel - crooks the lot of themView All 225 Bangkok (Laem Chabang) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Bangkok (Laem Chabang) Cruise Port Review
Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)joined in with some people we met and explored the city on our own and enjoyed the day and the traditional foodView All 177 Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) Cruise Port Review
Kelang (Kuala Lumpur)Went to Pattaya on our own - once again we had to navigate through the cartel who rip people off as you do not have access to metered taxis'sView All 128 Kelang (Kuala Lumpur) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Kelang (Kuala Lumpur) Cruise Port Review
Koh SamuiJoined other ship guests and explored on our own. Heaps better than all the sterile stuff organised by the cruise shipView All 105 Koh Samui Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Koh Samui Cruise Port Review
LangkawiExplored on our own with friendsView All 95 Langkawi Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Langkawi Cruise Port Review
Sihanoukvillethe place is filthy and unappealing with the massive construction going on at presentView All 68 Sihanoukville Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Sihanoukville Cruise Port Review
SingaporeExplored on our own and had a good timeView All 588 Singapore Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Singapore Cruise Port Review