3. Azamara Journey
This was a 5 day cruise from San Juan. We wanted to try another 5 ½ star ship. We had to turn in our rental car at 9 so we got to the ship early. It was not docked in old San Juan but at the other port. We were able to carry our luggage onto the ship enabling us to board very early. They took our luggage to our cabin freeing us up to eat lunch and explore. This was one of the most beautiful ships I have been on. Lunch was at the buffet and was poor. The roast was tough and very fatty. Another day we ate at the pool side grill and the waiter was very rude, wanting me to get my burger off the steam table rather than having it made fresh. I refused and got a much better burger. The food was ok. We ate at both specialty restaurants. The Prime C was better than the Italian. The entertainment was ok. The male piano /singer at the bar was just bad. The singers were good. The white night after party was fun. We also did Christmas caroling. There was little to do during the day. This ship was nickeling and diming you. In cabin movies were $12.00, alcohol in the cabin was a fee, but at any bar was free. We would just go get a glass of wine and sit on our balcony. They also had a coffee bar that charged extra. You could go to the buffet on 9 and make your own specialty coffee. There were two sea days with little to do.

Disappointed

Azamara Journey Cruise Review by carolinaboy1972

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
carolinaboy1972’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azamara Journey price drops

he cabin was small for a 5 ½ star ship. The shower was very small. The sitting area was uncomfortable.
  Azamara Journey Deck Plans

• Virgin Gorda
    Ferry ride to Virgin Gorda was enjoyable. Walking through the caves was interesting. The beaches were small and had limited facilities. The excursion was advertised as strenuous and it was.
    View All 229 Virgin Gorda Reviews