3. Royal Princess
We have had a good experience with Princess before on the Crown Princess so chose Princess again. Also read about "the medallion" experience and thought it sounded really cool so wanted to try this ship and it is a newer ship as well. The embarkation process was very smooth, we had our medallions mailed to our home so that made the boarding process even quicker. It took no more than 1/2 an hour after we parked our car and we were on the ship! Load the "medallion class" app on your device and you'll be a step ahead when you're on the ship. We both thought this was the nicest ship we have ever been on (this was cruise #12) and kept so very clean. The buffet area was very well thought out in design, very large and easy to maneuver through even when crowded. There was plenty of seating as well. The buffet food was wonderful and so many choices. The main dining rooms had great meals too and we ate there most of the time. The pizza place called "Alfredos" was nice and usually not busy. There was another pizza place out on Lido deck by the pool, a spot for grilled burgers and a soft serve ice cream place. I was pleasantly surprised the swimming pools were heated! Our favorite pool was the Retreat, an adults only area. We chose a balcony cabin on deck 16, Lido deck because we like being in close proximity to (free) coffee in the morning, the pools, and the buffet. No stairs or elevator to hassle with. Some will say you can get coffee on deck 5, well yes you can but you have to pay for it. Another really fun treat was getting the balcony champayne breakfast! It was much better than I expected, all kinds of breakfast goodies. It's $45 for 2 people. Our cabin steward Mario kept our room nicely refreshed, in fact the whole ship was kept super clean, I know I said it was clean before but had to repeat! I also enjoyed the fitness center, countless treadmills, really nice newer ones. There also were eliptical and bikes to work out on, and free weights as well as weight machines. I liked how they had the ping pong tables in a netted area (helps with runaway balls) and up by the sports deck area. There were also many, many lounge chairs by the pool area and other areas away from the pool. It was just the 2 of us adults on this cruise and we appreciated the Retreat pool area, thank you princess for providing that! We are looking forward to our next Princess cruise!

Majestic!

Royal Princess Cruise Review by monty3

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

We are looking forward to our next Princess cruise!
monty3’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC
I always appreciate a balcony cabin, with the view of the water and sky first thing when you wake up. What I like about Princess cabins is the design of their rooms, being that the closet area is a walk in closet, it's like a second room off the bathroom. You don't have to wonder what cabinet you put them in, it's right there. I also like how Princess gives you a nice sized tube of lotion!
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins