3. Costa Luminosa
This cruise was a last minute decision and I was skeptical of the low fare, but booked the 10 day cruise out of Ft Lauderdale and traveled with 10 friends. I have traveled the last two years with Viking and had 3 previous cruses with different lines and I have to admit that my experience with Costa on the Luminosa exceeded my expectations. Was it perfect? No. But I have very little to complain about. I don’t understand the food complaints. The dining room food was as good or better than Viking. The service was a little slow, but we had 11 at our table and there were few mistakes. The buffet on deck 9 was equally good...both breakfast and lunch. The pizza was good and always available. Wonderful fruit and pastries. There was a full selection of onboard activities. My group participated in the 4 dance classes offered most days. The show each night was entertaining and no problem getting seating . There was live music in numerous locations and plenty of dance floor. My cabin was the largest I’ve had on a cruise; elevators were quick; and I thought the decor was uniquely Italian...beautiful. Language no problem. Cons: only two electrical outlets in cabin; one in bath and one across from bed...non on headboard wall. No free wi-fi. Two of the excursions were more about selling you merchandise than anything else. IAll-in-all, very pleased and will cruise with them again.

Great Value

Costa Luminosa Cruise Review by Moeb1

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean

IAll-in-all, very pleased and will cruise with them again.
Moeb1’s Full Rating Summary