3. Oasis of the Seas
This is my 27th RCCL cruise and I am at the Diamond Plus level. I am a "loyalist", as such as the cruise line tries to raise the bar of quality of food, service and entertainment. Those levels are expected on the next cruise and the next cruise, etc. Embarkment: Traveling via RCCL arranged bus transfers from Fort Lauderdale to Miami, the ride was smooth and we arrived at Terminal A, we were on the ship in about 15 minutes, it was amazing. as we arrived about 1 pm our balcony stateroom was ready. Starboard, 10724. Stateroom: Nice, but due to the size of the ship my wife had to rent a Special Needs Group handicap scooter. Our cabin steward, Edgar was terrific and he fulfilled our every request. Windjammer Buffet: Good quality food, but the steam shop round was tough and chewy. and for some reason, they do not serve "creamy" cold slaw. Promenade Cafe: this 24 hour cafe still serves sandwiches on a roll that lacks adequate meat, if you think one or two slices of meat a sandwich, on a small club roll. Main Dining Room for Breakfast: Excellent food for breakfast, it has a limited ala carte menu for being a sit down and being serviced, but it also has a buffet. Main Dining Room for lunch: Good service and a nice ala carte menu,EXCEPT for its turkey club sandwich, which consisted of three pieces of barely toasted bread, with one slice of turkey, one sliver of a slice of avacado, one half leaf of leaf if lettuce and two pieces of bacon. I told the waiter "you call this a club sandwich" a dining room floor supervisor came over and said I could request more turkey. I told him, it the cook knew how to make a decent sandwich, I should not have to request additional meat. We tried the MDR for lunch and I had the steak and fries, and it was served rare not medium rare as requested and fries. No more MDR dining room lunches. Main Dining Room for Dinner: EXCELLENT service for MDR deck three and our table waiter Romando and assistant table waiter Vikash. Every meal was excellent, but it cracks me up as on the Allure OTS which is the Oasis OTS sister ship, the menu is the same on WEDNESDAY, they feature braised beef short ribs, excellent but serving the menus on the same night across the fleet for each night is a bit much! Casino Royale: Standard, slots, a lot of "asian" themed slots, and table games with a $10 minimum. The casino staff as always was friendly, and waiters were plentiful. Park Cafe: Limited lunch selection the day we had lunch it was salads top round beef and a variety of deserts, not too crowded in the Central Park area. Entertainment: The headliner Ronn Lucas was excellent, the One Sky a Cique de sol' knock was okay and the 90 minute "CATS" was a little boring and my wife and I did not get the premise of the show. Did not do the comedy club, the band was great. Debarkment: Fast, we were off the ship by 8:30 am and at Fort Lauderdale airport by 9:30am. OVERALL: It was a very relaxing cruise, as this was a Christmas break week 12/15 to 12/22/2019 week, the ship had a lot of families and children. The pool as never really that crowded. We stated on the ship as the ports of call were the been there done that! I am a cigar smoke and noted the smoke area on the pool deck 15 is shrinking..

If it's Wednesday it's braised short ribs in the Main Dining Room menu!

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by wisnir

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

wisnir’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 1D
Nicely furnished, but if you get a handicap scooter, its a little tight for a standard ocean view balcony room. Edgar our cabin steward provided EXCELLENT service.and we alway reward EXCELLENT service with an additional cash appreciation.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins