3. Pacific Princess
I traveled alone on this cruise because I wanted to spend some time in Portugal and Rome before the cruise and this cruise departed from Rome. It also stopped in two ports I had never visited so another bonus. This is a very small ship with only 672 passengers so the experience was totally different from the BIG ships. The elevators were very fast and almost always, I was the only passenger on the elevator. And the only time I encountered a line at any venue was on the Mexican Sunday Brunch extravaganza. So, unlike every other cruise I have been on, the aggravation level each day was greatly reduced. Far and away the most beautiful library I have have ever seen on a ship. An incredible amount of books and lots of comfortable seats and tables. And there a table specifically for puzzle lovers who worked them each day. There is a very small entertainment venue but I never encountered it completely full. And the chairs were very comfortable. Not theater chairs but really nice free standing chairs. The buffet, while quite small in comparison to most of the big ships had very good food and one of the best dessert selections I have seen on buffets. If you are someone who likes sampling the specialty restaurants this is probably not your cruise ship. There are two specialty restaurants on board, an upscale Italian, Sabatini's, and a steakhouse, Sterling Grill. I did sample each and the food was very good along with exceptional service. But they alternated openings so only one of them was open each night.

Small ship.....big benefit

junkmgpf’s Full Rating Summary
Get Pacific Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE
This cabin was not huge but comfortable. The bathroom was quite small. A decent veranda. The bed was astonishingly comfortable and the best pillows anywhere! And my cabin steward was wonderful. Greeted me by name every time i encountered him and the room was made up no later than 9:00 am and the turn down was always accomplished while I was at dinner each night. There are a sufficient amount of electrical outlets and even a USB port for phone charging beside the bed.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins