• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

miriam2019
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Nov 2019
Cabin: Oceanview

I chose this cruise because of the numerous ports around Japan during the fall when we were supposed to observe the leaves changing colors.

We were in Tokyo before 3 times and we were looking forward to see the small port cities were the ship was going to dock.

Embarkation and disembarkation went smoothly.

Oceanview

The cabin P 221 is small and we opted for a cabin with a window, that was full of rust on the edges of the window and also on the window itself so we could not enjoy the views from the cabin. The shower is small and my husband that is 1.8 meters had a hard time taking a shower there. When we arrived the shower head was leaking and it had to be replaced. The shower curtain was too short and the water kept on seeping to the bathroom floor and I had to clean the floor each time we took a shower.

The mattress my husband had was askew, and it leaned to one side the whole night.

We did not enjoy the cabin for 17 days on this cruise.

The service was good , and the cabin attendant tried to fix all the problems in the cabin but could not do it.

Port Reviews

Tokyo (Yokohama)

Yes, on our own , we walked around the port on the day we arrived in Yokohama.

Kagoshima

It's a very beautiful city with the views of the volcano that was active when we were there.

6 Helpful Votes