MSC Divina Cruise Review
1,756 Reviews

Fun cruise if you can pack your patience

MSC Divina Cruise Review by missdiane132

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

I was really nervous about this cruise given the poor reviews but it turned out to be an overall good experience for my husband and I. We live in Ohio so this short Bahamas cruise gave us a chance to escape an ice storm. MSC Divina is a really gorgeous and clean ship. Our balcony room was very spacious and modern looking. We loved using the indoor pool and appreciated the ample amount of hot tubs. There's an abundance of live music at night which I loved. One of my favorite experiences on board was eating gelato while listening to the saxophone player in the Piazza del Doge. Loved that they had an abundance of a la carte treats such as drinks, gelato, ice cream and specialty hot chocolate for affordable prices. The main areas I saw MSC struggle was with crowd control and MDR staffing. The check in and muster drill experiences were both a little cauotic and overly drawn out. Our itinerary included MSC's private island Ocean Cay which I would highly recommend. It's beautiful and well laid out. Since it was a private island essentially the whole ship got off and during all aboard they just lined everyone back up to re-enter the ship via one gangway. I think that could have been better handled. We took part in one formal lunch in the Black Crab. We enjoyed the food but the two of us were seated at a table for 6 that was converted into a table for 8. It seemed like again they were overwhelmed by the crowd so just piled everyone in. We ate dinner every night in the MDR Bella Rosa. I thought the food overall was good. I had one meal that I didn't care for but I've been on multiple cruises across multiple lines and there always seems to be at least one dud so it didn't ruin my experience. The dining room staff seemed like it needed an organizational rework. Our server was friendly but seemed to be assigned to do everything for too many tables so he didn't have much time to interact with us or learn our names like what is standard service on most cruise ships. It was a while in between courses (dinner averaged to be an hour and 15 minutes for us) and getting water refills was a struggle because he was stretched so thin. I'd suggest to MSC to hire more dining staff so that servers can focus on fewer tables in order to add more personal attention to guests. Also, having a few servers solely float around the dining room with pitchers to refill water would be a nice improvement. Overall I enjoyed my time on Divina and thought it was a great value. Just remember to pack your patience.

missdiane132's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom

Really nice spacious room. We were assigned to a life boat view balcony room which was a bit of a bummer but still good for the price.

missdiane132