3. Wind Spirit
Everything about this cruise was perfect except for the weather. December is apparently the rainy season, something I didn't realize when I booked. So be warned. It didn't ruin the experience, but more sun and less clouds and rain would have been nice. The best weather we had was the 3 days we spent at the Tahiti Pearl Beach Resort for 3 days before the cruise. Embarkation was fast and efficient.The ship is a little tired, but I understand it's about to go into dry dock soon for some much needed sprucing up. Still, everything was clean and the wonderful crew more than made up for this. We loved that the ship had around 120 passengers and enjoyed getting to know many of our ship mates. The food was outstanding. Breakfast and lunch are mainly buffet style but there are things you can order off the menu. Enormous variety of food and lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. It is possible to maintain healthy eating and also to totally be a glutton if you so desire. Dinner in Amphora restaurant is excellent. It is open seating and you can choose to be seated with others if you want. We met some really nice people. The service is excellent. Our only disappointment was the 'special' dinner in the Candles restaurant where the food was sub par. I would skip it next time although maybe they were just having an off night. If you are looking for ritzy entertainment and casino type things you won't like this cruise. There is a duo in the lounge at night and they were very good, but it may be too low key for some. There was line dancing on deck one night and a Polynesian show on an Island one night both of which were fun. The itinerary is perfect, you get to see a lot of different islands. If you like shopping, you won't find too much to buy except black pearl things. We did a snorkeling or water based excursion every day. They were all good but expensive. We should have done less. The snorkeling was good but the reefs they take you to have been damaged by too many tourists. I'm sure there are many unspoiled reefs, but don't expect to see them on these tours. I can understand why they would take tourists only to certain spots given that you see people doing stupid things like standing on the coral. Also I really objected to the fact that on some of the tours they fed the rays and then just tossed the excess fish parts in the water which attracts black tipped reef sharks. I read that this is illegal inside the reef but they do it anyway. The guides assured us the sharks are benign, but they are sharks and it seems irresponsible to feed them or attract them. Also some of them were about 5 feet so if they decide to bite you it would be bad news. Our best tour was the jet ski around Bora Bora. It was AMAZING and 2 hours went by in a flash. Worth every penny! I would go on this cruise or a similar one again but in the non-rainy season.

Perfect in every way, except the weather!

Wind Spirit Cruise Review by janetglas

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom

I would go on this cruise or a similar one again but in the non-rainy season.
janetglas’s Full Rating Summary
Get Windstar Wind Spirit price drops

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin AX
The cabin was much better than expected, tons of storage space, comfortable bed, nice bathroom. We were on the lower deck. From what I can tell all the cabins are the same, so get the cheapest one. Just avoid those next to doors as that can be noisy.
Deck 2 Outside Cabins

• Jet Skiing
    Amazing. It's a great way to have fun and see the island. The guide also gives a coconut demonstration.
    View All 12 Jet Skiing Reviews
  • Lagoon Picnic
    Would have been lovely if it hadn't poured with rain all day. 2 unique snorkeling stops then our guide prepared Poisson Cru for us. The fish is raw so if that scares you don't take this tour. There is other local food too. It was delicious and I suffered no ill effects. Huahine is beautiful and very unspoiled.
    View All 6 Lagoon Picnic Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    2 snorkeling stops, the first with sharks and rays. They feed the rays which attracts sharks. I feel like it's an accident waiting to happen. It was cool though but not for the faint of heart. the 2nd stop was the best snorkeling all week. also the boat ride is great and you get to see a lot of the island.
    View All 18 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Outrigger Canoe
    Went on an outrigger canoe in the lagoon and up a river. The guide was a Shaman and heavily tattooed. He was fabulous and gave a fascinating tour.
    View All 3 Outrigger Canoe Reviews
  • Tahiti (Papeete)
    We stayed at the Tahiti Pearl Beach Resort for 3 days. It was lovely.
    View All 186 Tahiti (Papeete) Cruise Port Reviews