3. Marco Polo
I thoroughly enjoyed the cruise but a few things hampered it being better. I did not find the diesel fumes inside the inside cabin tolerable and struggled to feel well under those circumstances. The beds in the cabin were single narrow hard beds which I found difficult to tolerate and I literally ached 24/7 from the pain it caused my spine. The cabin other than that was quite comfortable and cosy for an inside cabin although being at the front of the ship I felt a lot of movement. I did not like having to go to the same table every night with the same companions for dinner and after a few nights avoided the main dining room opting for casual dining instead which was much more relaxed - our companions in the main dining room drank a lot of alcohol and I found them rather bawdy and talkative which did not help my digestion. Our table in the main dining room was also wedged into a tight space at the end of the dining room and we were wedged into a tight corner which was claustrophobic. We did this cruise back to back with a cruise to the Northern Lights / Arctic Circle which I shall review separately as it was a much better experience as we changed cabins. Staff on board were lovely. Entertainment on board was exceptionally good. We also made good like minded lifelong friends whilst on board.

Diesel fumes in inside front cabin

Marco Polo Cruise Review by trippingtraveller

trippingtraveller’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Marco Polo price drops

Inside cabin standard plus twin at the front of the ship. The worst thing was the diesel fumes in the cabin which I found intolerable. Other than that the cabin was fine but with hard uncomfortable narrow single beds and total darkness with the lights off.
  Marco Polo Deck Plans