3. Carnival Vista
This was my second cruise on Carnival Cruise Line. The first Cruise was on the the Carnival Freedom January 2018 with a party of 6. It was probably the best vacation I have ever had in my life and since we had such an awesome time on the last Carnival cruise we took a party of 10 on the Carnival Vista and what a difference. The main problem was that the Vista holds about a thousand more people than the Carnival Freedom with the same amenities. Long lines, long wait times and you cannot walk around in the ship without bumping into someone or them bumping into you. I also believe I spent half the cruise just trying to get on an elevator. Normal services were also lacking and you couldn't turn around without having a server standing behind you trying to sell you their watered down drinks if they had any alcohol in them at all. The ports and shore excursions were good except they put them back to back with no breaks in between and they were shorter than the last cruise, 5.5 hours vs 8 hours on our last cruise. The entertainment was unique (to say the least) and enjoyable. This cruise you had to go to a check in desk and wait 30 minutes to an hour for the open scheduled dining times but the food was well prepared. However, at the table they were more concerned about selling you a drink than getting non priced drinks to the table. The ugliest part was having a bottle of alcohol taken from a box that we purchased in Jamaica that was checked in returning to the ship and them charging my wife for (7) seven lanyards when she purchased (1) one (I do not think this was accidental). They resolved the lanyard problem because we thankfully had our receipt for the purchase but did not resolve the missing bottle of alcohol. Overall this cruise was pretty disappointing especially because I talked 4 more people into going because I convinced them how great previous cruise was, expecting this one would be the same or better. I believe we may try a different cruise line on our next cruise or stick with smaller ships on Carnival.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by Donnyextreme2201

The entertainment was unique (to say the least) and enjoyable.

Donnyextreme2201’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Ocean Suite
Cabin OS
The refrigerator in all our rooms would barely keep anything cold. The rooms were nice and clean but the bathrooms in the room smelled like mildew and urine and the bathtub had mold around the top, we complained but the problems did not get resolved.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins