Regatta Cruise Review

Sublime South Pacific was a beautiful cruise.

Regatta Cruise Review by trippingtraveller

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: Transpacific
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View

I know the Regatta well so it was a pleasure to travel on the newly refurbished ship. Cabin 4056 in category C1 Deluxe outside seemed like it was in a good position so that was my choice for this cruise out of Papeete, Tahiti to Sydney, Australia. I have travelled in an assortment of different cabins and categories on Regatta in Alaska and the Mediterranean and it has been fine every time. Embarkation at Papeete was smooth and easy which I knew it would be as I've boarded Oceania Insignia there before so I was familiar with the port. The cabin was convenient and comfortable. The position of the cabin was ideal as it is the first cabin in the corridor next to reception. Be aware that there is activity outside this cabin on port days as the gangway is often placed in the lounge at reception. I quite enjoyed that it was an area of high activity and of course getting off the ship to go ashore was so easy as it was right outside my door! Staff on the ship were lovely and we met some old friends who are still on staff on Regatta. Itinerary was wonderful. Sadly the stop at Apia in Western Samoa was missed due to the emergency situation with the Measles epidemic there and this was completely understandable - I have spent time there previously and stayed on both main islands so I was not as disappointed as some guests and understood the situation. Staff on board were tor the most part all lovely people, friendly and helpful. I will definitely travel again with Oceania which is my favourite cruise line.

trippingtraveller's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean View

The cabin was absolutely beautiful. it was very comfortable. The bed is extremely comfortable. There are good views through the big window and there is a deep shelf at that window to store some belongings. There was some issues on boarding such as broken handles on the bedside cabinets but this was quickly sorted by housekeeping and maintenance. The bathroom is small but adequate and solid clear doors have been put on the shower cubicles to replace the shower curtains previously used - these are fine but I had to leave them open as its a very small shower. I like the addition of a blue light in the bathroom to aid keeping the bathroom bacteria free. The bathroom although small is very functional and entirely adequate. There is a small sofa in the room which is comfortable and serviceable. Storage is adequate and benefits from now being a lighter colour (light grey). The cabin is well situated in the ship at midship next to reception and I would book this cabin again for convenience to embarkation / disembarkation point, access to elevator and stair, access to shore excursions, access to lounge at reception and access to reception. No veranda but it is easy access up 1 flight of stairs to the outer deck and grand dining room / coffee shop / boutiques etc. Most of all I loved the fantastic new large screen smart TV on the wall where I could sit in bed and watch in clear high definition all the lovely movies Oceania offered to me, both new releases and old classics. The smart TV also offers me easy access to my account and updates in real time and some of the menus for the dining rooms are also uploaded to the smart TV. For me that TV was a big plus and enhanced my relaxation on board ship. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Tahiti (Papeete)

We spent 4 nights in Papeete pre cruise organised by us not Oceania and thoroughly enjoyed it. Recommend Tahiti Peal Beach Resort.

Bora Bora

Absolutely beautiful location and the views from the ship whilst anchored in the lagoon are breathtaking.

Port Vila

I know Port Vila well having visited a number of times. Recommend.

Noumea

It was a Sunday so unfortunately the city was closed. An excellent shuttle bus was provided ship to city centre which travelled very regularly.

trippingtraveller