3. Oasis of the Seas
Hello again - unlike previous posts about Royal Caribbean and the BIG ships (i.e. Oasis) this one has a little bit of a brighter side since the renovation. I hope i can answer everyone's questions. I will begin by saying we were on the Oasis in March 2019, and had the opportunity of boarding again Dec 1, 2019 (2 weeks into her maiden voyage since the big renovation). PROS Lets start with the renovations, the New Restaurant El Loco Fresh is on Deck 15 Aft – Serving pre-cooked wrapped in foil burritos (Steak and Chicken) beans, salsa, chips etc. On a scale of 1 – 10 I would give this a solid 8 for lunches or quick snack to hold you over. There is no charge at this venue. Check it out when you get on board. The Bionic Bar? Eh! Ok its cool to watch a Robot make your drink but honestly all I heard were passengers saying their drinks were a bit light on the Alcohol. But I am sure it’s a preference. Still cool to watch – located on the promenade deck by the elevators across from customer service counter. The On Air Bar has now been replaced with a Karaoke bar, to be honest I didn’t frequent this venue but it’s the same bar – different name – new venue The Belrose Bar (Across for the Karaoke) is a latin themed bar Lots of fun and the bartenders are extraordinary. Windjammer – well they changed up the venue a bit so you might want to read up on this, The Hand Washing stations (with the jell) have now been replaced with Water Hand washing stations, and there is an employee at the station ensuring a good wash. They also changed the Entrance and Exits – Which I think was a brilliant idea. So when you go into the windjammer you will enter on Deck 16 walk towards the windows overseeing the pool decks – at this point turn left or right and you will see the washing stations. Once you finished in the Windjammer you will exit the doors that Used to be the Entrance. Now for some passengers this was too much for them and they were complaining – the overall change is – you are walking the same path no additional footsteps. They also removed the Aft Food Serving stations in the Windjammer and opened up more seating – Great Idea as we didn’t have much of a wait to find an open table. Food hasn’t changed – however there was one evening it was all Asian themed – I don’t mind Asian Food – But there wasn’t much more to offset if that’s what you didn’t want. The Service level from the state-room attendants on down improved quite dramatically since departing our cruise in March 2019. Now I am sure it wasn’t because of all my previous post about service levels on big ships – I can however speculate that RCCL upped the Workers because of the Renovation and it being a 20th anniversary of the ship and 50th Anniversary for the Cruise line. I absolutely hope not – but that is my theory. Let’s hope they don’t move anyone, because as I aforementioned the service levels improved dramatically for the best. The new Slides on the Pool deck are pretty awesome – It looked like a great ride from top deck down to the pool deck – Pretty extraordinary feat of engineering. Smokers – The smoking area has shrunk a bit and sit-down table have been replaced with Small wood tables and (uncomfortable) wood stools. I get it folks – smokers are looked down upon – but are weakness is no different than any other society crutch. In any case it is what it is, Along with that they have increased the pool chairs and include little cabanas on the top deck – Very nice addition to those who are sun worshipers. Get there early! Casino – Machines - For those of you who like the casinos – I can assure you on a couple things – Machines are TIGHT – your best time of playing is the first day of sailing and the second to last day. If you win good money on the first night take the money and run. Also RCCL has incorporated new technology using your sea pass card – now you simply sit at a machine and if you need additional monies to play you tap your sea pass card and authorize funds transfer to your Room. Although the concept is good be aware there is no way to track what your spending until you review your invoice and this could be costly especially if your not keeping track. Card tables – We love to play 3 card poker but the minimum bet on the table after all bets down was $70 a hand – I get it your gambling but $70 a hand is a bit steep, not to mention there were only 2 card tables and we only had the opportunity to sit one time in 7 days. You would think that the popularity of the game would prompt more tables. But Hey – what do I know! The only CONS I still see on the Big Ship Casino Betting is a bit on the high end - but much like anything if people keep coming they won’t change much. The ability to use your sea pass card to charge to your room IMO is promoting gabling addictions and there is no way to see what your balance is until its too late. Need to work on the disembarking it’s still a bit chaotic Customer Service Counter is extremely - extremely slow I spent an hour in line and 80% of the people in front of me had complaints about the WIFI Internet - I still maintain they should have their own service area for this. The specially restaurants are bit over priced IMO and there is not much difference with the food from one restaurant to another The advantage of being a Diamond or above member doesn’t mean much anymore – I think RCCL can do more with their loyalty program The Shows are somewhat Eh! Seems like the same old routine

Much Improvement on the Oasis but there is more........

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Srandaz2

PROS

Casino –

The only CONS I still see on the Big Ship

Need to work on the disembarking it’s still a bit chaotic

The Shows are somewhat Eh! Seems like the same old routine
Srandaz2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Junior Suite
Cabin J4
I have always thought having a Suite would be a great experience - however the only additional space your receiving outside of the standard Balcony or state room is - A Tub and shower however be advised its not a standard tub as you have to step over the edge getting in about 16" and there is no solid bar to hold onto. The bathroom overall is a bit bigger but how much time do you spend in it. The walk in closet is nice but again its not much different then the standard state room. The overall living area is bigger but unless you planning on spending ungodly amounts of time in the room its really not worth the extra $$. The balconies seem to be a bit bigger but there is too much furniture on them and feels very crowded. The bed is no more comfortable then any other room. The only advantage we seen with this room is it can sleep up to 7 people. But if you have 7 of any body in this room your pretty much in a standard room at this point. Again it was average but i would not spend the additional $$ for the amount of time we stayed in the room. I think this is one of those bragging rights more than anything - Double Points - Different Sea Pass card etc.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins