3. Symphony of the Seas
Arrived to parking garage at 9:55. Gave luggage to porter on level 3 and took elevator down and breezed thru and was seated waiting in Key area at 10:10. Super fast. Was 10th person to board ship at 11:02. I booked this cruise a year out. Did 8D oceanview balcony guarantee. 1st time doing a guarantee but for $699 pp it was worth it. I was in 9724 starboard aft. A long way from the elevators and stairs but the walking does one good. Cabin design was excellent and so much storage space with an open feeling that the space was bigger than it was. Bed was near balcony which I prefer. Gives you more space when getting dressed and using bathroom. Bed was the problem...felt like you were sleeping on a box spring, not a mattress. It was painful to sleep every night, and hurt most of the day. I asked but no bed topper. I did finally sleep the last 2 nights on the sofa which was very firm but better. I have been on 50+ cruises and never has any mattress like this. Need to be replaced and destroyed immediately. Others I spoke with said the same. I have sailed Oasis and Allure both twice so was very familiar with the ship. Ship is beautiful and spotless. We usually cruise while children are in school, so the ship is much quieter, however this cruise has lots of kids. Strollers everywhere. Annoying! Had MTD 5:15 every night. Most nights they opened the doors at 5 on deck 4. Our servers Dante and Jose were fantastic. Food was good, not great. Desserts are always lacking flavor or something...but the carrot cake was delicious. Windjammer breakfast is the worst ever unless you do fresh cheese, meats etc. El loco was decent, if you like Taco Bell food. Had the Key program so had the Chops lunch after we boarded the ship. Got the burger, Mac and Cheese and filet. Only ate half as it was bad. Had deluxe drink package, got my money’s worth. Did the specialty coffees that are included in the drink pkg at Cafe promenade every morning and afternoon. They were great. Shows, had reservations for all. Only used the key seating for Hiro. Great show. Flight was ok. Had plane glitch at end so show was over.1977 got there early enough to get the seats we wanted. This was fantastic! Did the Attic for comedy show. Female comedian was funny. Casino, did my nightly donations, but even non smoking side was bad. Every employee on the ship was very upbeat at friendly at all times. Never a line getting off at ports after they announced the gangway was open. Other than the bed, this Oasis class sailing was the best. Just ordered my memory foam topper from amazon that I will pack in a suitcase for my next cruise. I did take my 13 inch deck fan, how great was that. Can’t sleep at night without white noise and air movement. Debarkation,Walked off ship at 7:03 am and home napping by 10am. The convenience of living in SW Florida. Just booked my next two cruises. Virgin Voyages, Scarlet Lady and MSC Seaside for 2020. I spread my money around the cruise industry. Cheers, happy cruising!

Great cruise- bad beds

Symphony of the Seas Cruise Review by Floridadude

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

Was 10th person to board ship at 11:02.

Had MTD 5:15 every night. Most nights they opened the doors at 5 on deck 4.

Our servers Dante and Jose were fantastic.

Windjammer breakfast is the worst ever unless you do fresh cheese, meats etc.

El loco was decent, if you like Taco Bell food.

Had deluxe drink package, got my money’s worth.

Did the Attic for comedy show. Female comedian was funny.

Casino, did my nightly donations, but even non smoking side was bad.

Every employee on the ship was very upbeat at friendly at all times.

Never a line getting off at ports after they announced the gangway was open.

Other than the bed, this Oasis class sailing was the best.

Debarkation,Walked off ship at 7:03 am and home napping by 10am.

The convenience of living in SW Florida.

Just booked my next two cruises.

Virgin Voyages, Scarlet Lady and MSC Seaside for 2020.

I spread my money around the cruise industry.

Cheers, happy cruising!

Great spacious cabin
Lots of storage space
Bed by balcony
Terrible hard beds
Roomy shower with nice curved glass door
Nice size balcony with 2 high back chair with pull out foot rest
Air conditioning on coldest was nice and cold.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins