3. Celebrity Infinity
Overall, we were extremely disappointed in the Celebrity cruise experience. This experience was strongly affected by the meals onboard. We chose the Aqua Class cabin as we would be dining in the special restaurant Blu - for a better dining experience. Unfortunately this is where things went particularly bad. For specific examples, fish was overcooked and dry on one of our first evenings. We told the waiter who intern told the maitre d. The plate was exchanged for another dish and the issue did not appear to go further. Our server was friendly and on successive nights, he described dishes as “the Celebrity version” and steered us to the filet minion and onion soup and shrimp cocktail. If that was what we were happy eating, I guess we would have never had a bad meal but I did not go on a cruise ship to eat the same meal every night. Several evenings, my husband and I left the dining room with our glass of wine and did not eat. It was not until the next to last night of the cruise that I asked to speak to the chef as one had not been seen in the dining room. On this particular evening, I had ordered the macaroni and cheese thinking how could that possibly be bad. The macaroni and cheese was described as having brie and another cheese, tomatoes and herbs. The pasta was dry and there was no sauce. The dish simply had three small wedges of cheese stuck in the middle of the pasta. I pointed it out to our server and asked to have it remade. He asked what was wrong with it. The same pasta was returned to me with a large slab of mozzarella cheese melted on top on the pasta. I stuck my fork into it and the cheese peeled off the top. Still dry pasta. The maitre d arrived and asked how things were and I asked for the chef this time. The chef arrived and appeared disturbed with the dish. He remade the dish and the macaroni was returned with a cheese sauce. I ate a few bites and left the restaurant with my husband. I proceeded to the buffet, got some fruit and headed towards the cabin. The restaurant manager sought me out and asked how he could help me out. He offered us dinner in the Tuscan Grille. As I pointed out to him, we booked the Aqua Class so we would have an elevated dining experience which we certainly did not feel we received and declined the invitation. By this point after 12 days of disappointment I was quite frankly not in the best of mood. The last day onboard the ship, I was invited to sit down with the restaurant manager and two of the chefs. I went over the issues from the past two weeks. The manager inquired if a chef had visited us in the dining room during our previous complaints. There had not been. They asked where we wished to dine on the last night and I asked them to fix our meal and we would eat in the cabin. That final meal was what we had expected for the entire cruise. In the spa area on deck 10, the breakfast and lunch options were limited and remained the same for the entire cruise. This also surprised me. Another disturbing occurrence was when I asked a staff member for anything, the first answer was always “no”. Can you get me the diffuser that is supposed to be in the Aqua Cabins. Can you get me a cover for a plate so I can take it to my cabin.

How could this ship ever win any award?

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by jeanlikestotravel

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Aqua Class

jeanlikestotravel’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

Aqua Class
Cabin A1
Our cabin showed it’s age. The edges of the carpet were gray where they had not been vacuumed well. I found bobby pins on the floor from previous guests. The gasket around the door was falling off and dangled in the doorway. The grout in the tiled bathroom was discolored.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins