Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review
1,259 Reviews

Loud bird sounds in the solarium.

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by kept

• Sail Date: May 2010
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera

May 3, 2010 Radiance of the Seas, 5 nights R/T San Diego to Ensenada and Cabo San Lucas.

Onboard this cruise was me 44, and my daughter 4. I just made diamond.

Check in: Check in went fine. We took the train down to San Diego and walked to the pier. See my review of October 17th cruise for train details.

Cabin: We got upgraded to regular balcony #1524. This cabin is on deck 10 the starboard side of the forward elevator lobby. I was worried that there would be quite a bit of noise in that area. We bring a white noise machine with us whenever we travel and we were very happy. Convenient location to the spa and solarium. We would have this cabin again. Steward Eduardo was fine.

Soda card: I signed up for my soda card on the internet before my cruise. That way I would have it upon boarding and no sales tax. The words Coca-Cola were printed on my card when I got it at check in on the pier.

Adventure Ocean: I was very happy with the children's program at Adventure Ocean. My daughter was in the 3-5 age group and did fine. I was very happy that at times the counselors took the kids to breakfast, lunch and or dinner depending on the schedule. Sometimes early afternoon care (Noon to 2PM) was free and sometimes there was a nominal charge of $7.95 to cover that time. Otherwise free until 10PM, then just $6 an hour for the first child until 2AM.

There was one day that I only had her from 5-5:45PM. A little lay down and a change of play clothes.

Main show room: The one notable show was "Mosaic." We also enjoyed chatting with them in Cabo.

Solarium: The solarium is my favorite part of this ship. It is the one part of the ship that does not have piped in music. However I must note that since I was last on this ship October 17th they put on a 12 second loop recording of a bird. Quite loud and bothersome. I complained quite a bit to the pursers but it did not help.

Also the water cascade behind the elephants was shut off. I think maybe the birds were louder than they should be because the waterfall was turned off.

My time dining: Since it was just me and my 4 year old onboard I signed up on the internet for My Time Dining. I only ate in the dining room 2 nights. It seemed to work out fine. I would do it again in this situation.

Windjammer: Enjoyed the omelets, Mongolian style stir fry, French fries and desserts.

Room service: We had room service every morning for breakfast. The first 2 days the delivery person called me on the phone from the elevator lobby just outside our door to tell me he was coming. And then he was there. The next 2 days they called me from near the room service kitchen and then took another 20 minutes to get there. I could not quite figure that out. No room service on debarkation morning. Bummer!

Sea view Cafe: The Sea view Cafe was great and close to Adventure Ocean. My daughter had the chicken nuggets and fries. Great service and they were sweet to her.

We had good weather for the most part. It is very common to have a rough time on the way North from Cabo. This trip was no exception. Our worst time was the last night. We were fine.

The Radiance is going to Australia. We have had table mates from Australia or have cruised Australia. There are tons of soccer/ rugby types onboard and I hope she will be okay. She will be missed.

kept's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Bal 1524

Good location. Occasionally heard bell from elevator.

kept