3. Adventure of the Seas
This was a family cruise set in motion by my 86 year old dad, who wanted to cross visiting Aruba off of his bucket list. There were 8 of us altogether; my wife and I, my dad, my brother, my cousin and his wife and a second cousin and his girlfriend. We boarded the Adventure of the Seas at Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale. Embarkation was smooth, and we were on board the ship in less than an hour. Once on board, we explored the ship and took our time making our way to the Windjammer for lunch. Having read all the advice about avoiding this venue on embarkation day, we still went along with our group, and was surprised to see that while it was crowded, we were able to find a table without too much trouble. The food was typical buffet fare - good and filling but not fantastic. My wife and I booked an interior cabin on deck 10, port side aft. Having booked interior cabins before, we knew what to expect. The room was compact, but clean and comfortable. Since we find that we spend very little time in our cabin on a cruise, an interior space is perfect for our needs and is certainly more affordable. Our cabin steward, Clifton, kept our cabin spotless and regularly inquired if we needed anything. Although we didn't receive them every evening, we were greeted by three or four "towel animals" during our cruise, which are always fun. Adventure of the Seas has enough dining options to satisfy just about everyone. We decided against specialty restaurants on our cruise, and were very happy with the complimentary options that were available. We ate in the main dining room 5 nights, and enjoyed it very much. The meals were tasty and filling. On our second formal night we had prime rib and lobster tail, and were even offered and accepted seconds on the lobster! Our waiter Agnelo and our assistant waiter Eddie, were great! They were friendly, attentive, and entertaining! Eddie brought each meal to a close by sharing magic tricks with us. We still are wondering how he did them! Breakfast was usually in the Windjammer. We enjoy the variety of breakfast foods available. Everyone could find something they liked. I would say too, that the coffee on this ship was much better than what we experienced last year on the Allure of the Seas. Has RCI changed the coffee company it deals with? If so, we applaud the move! We made good use of the Cafe Promenade too. A great place to people watch, enjoy a cup of coffee, or a late night slice (or two or three!) of pizza! We also enjoyed the entertainment options available on the Adventure. Evening shows were varied, and while we didn't think the Royal Caribbean Singers & Dancers were the best we've seen, the orchestra was great! The hypnotist, the Elton John impersonator and the comedian were probably the best of the evening performances. Let me give some praise to Royal Caribbean for a current program running on most, if not all of their ships. One afternoon on a sea day, they had a special Veteran's Reception for all passengers who are vets. The orchestra played military branch tributes, there was a large cake, and special recognition was given to a couple of WW2 veterans in the group. My dad, an Army vet, attended and we were all very touched at this salute to all who have served our nation. Service on Adventure of the Seas was exemplary! The entire crew, from captain to maintenance worker, seemed to always greet us with smiles and we were asked numerous times thru the cruise if there was anything we needed or wanted to make our experience on board any better. The crew exuded a genuinely friendly vibe, and it was very much appreciated. We visited the "ABC" Islands - Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao. All three were beautiful, and it was our first time visiting. Palm Beach on Aruba was beautiful, and we enjoyed walking the beach and swimming in the sea. Of the three islands though, Curacao was our personal favorite. The architecture of the town and the friendliness of the locals was great! The standout feature for us tho, was the pontoon bridge that actually swings open like a door when a boat needs to come thru! Very unique! We did no excursions on any of the islands, so I can't speak to that, although my cousins rented an ATV in Aruba to see the island and a golf cart in Curacao. They enjoyed tooling around the islands that way and got to see much of the natural wonders of each. Our group consisted of adults, no kids, though we ranged in age from late 20's to the 50's to 80's! And once again, even with such a wide spread of ages, we were all able to find fun and enjoyable things to do which made it a fantastic cruise for everybody! I would highly recommend Adventure of the Seas and would not hesitate to sail her again; in fact, I hope someday we can!

This Was One Great Cruise!

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by historyman198081