• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Review for Queen Elizabeth to Australia & New Zealand
Marjorie Sheldon
2-5 Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Nov 2019
Cabin: Oceanview (obstructed view)

I chose this cruise because it was taking the route which I did with my family (husband and three daughters ) forty five years ago when we emigrated to Australia. A sentimental journey .I flew from Perth Australia, stayed two nights in London and then was driven to Southampton where I boarded the Queen Elizabeth. As a solo traveller this was done independently and paid for separately.

This beautiful liner took my breath away. My stateroom 4116 was on Deck 4 . As all the single staterooms had been taken I opted for a double with an obstructed view. However I was able to see quite a lot from the large window. and appreciated the daylight. My cabin steward was remarkable and he kept my cabin spotless. I had a very comfortable "home" for five weeks.

I enjoyed everything in this fabulously elegant ship from line dancing, chairobics, singing in a choir, playing shuffleboard., relaxing on deck or in one of the lounges, watching a show or a movie in the beautiful theatre or simply having a "flutter" in the casino.I particularly enjoyed the Gala Nights as I liked having the opportunity to dress up for the occasion.

Oceanview (obstructed view)

Well furnished stateroom. Plenty of space for clothes and storage for luggage. I was able to put my large case under the bed. I was particularly happy to have an electric kettle to make tea or coffee in my cabin. If I needed more milk my cabin steward was always obliging to bring extra.The bed was divine and I always had a good night's sleep,

4 Helpful Votes