Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review

Travelling Solo

Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Marjorie Sheldon

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

I chose this cruise because it was taking the route which I did with my family (husband and three daughters ) forty five years ago when we emigrated to Australia. A sentimental journey .I flew from Perth Australia, stayed two nights in London and then was driven to Southampton where I boarded the Queen Elizabeth. As a solo traveller this was done independently and paid for separately.

This beautiful liner took my breath away. My stateroom 4116 was on Deck 4 . As all the single staterooms had been taken I opted for a double with an obstructed view. However I was able to see quite a lot from the large window. and appreciated the daylight. My cabin steward was remarkable and he kept my cabin spotless. I had a very comfortable "home" for five weeks.

I enjoyed everything in this fabulously elegant ship from line dancing, chairobics, singing in a choir, playing shuffleboard., relaxing on deck or in one of the lounges, watching a show or a movie in the beautiful theatre or simply having a "flutter" in the casino.I particularly enjoyed the Gala Nights as I liked having the opportunity to dress up for the occasion.

The dining experience was fantastic with waiters who catered for every need.I enjoyed the variety of menus in the Britannia Restaurant . Frequently I had breakfast in the Lido Restaurant which is less formal and I did try a "pub lunch" in the Golden Lion which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I went on two organised tours where the guides did a wonderful job and were very knowledgeable . At other ports of call I tagged along with other solo travellers.

Marjorie Sheldon's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview (obstructed view)

Well furnished stateroom. Plenty of space for clothes and storage for luggage. I was able to put my large case under the bed. I was particularly happy to have an electric kettle to make tea or coffee in my cabin. If I needed more milk my cabin steward was always obliging to bring extra.The bed was divine and I always had a good night's sleep,

Marjorie Sheldon