3. Carnival Fantasy
We wanted a very cheap way to visit Cozumel and this was it. We got an inside room that was small but the total price was only $715 for the 2 of us. Embarking was fine. We carried our luggage. Disembarking was a little strange but it went quickly after we finally got in line. We left our room at 8:30 and were in our car leaving town by 9:30. Carnival is a Fun Ship and very noisy everywhere. We haven’t been on Carnival before and it is a little different. Lots of young kids. We found the food on Lido to be very subpar. We ate in MDR for breakfast and dinner and enjoyed it. DH really enjoyed the vegetarian plate 2 nights. The pizza on Lido is not very good, Guy’s burgers are good but the fries aren’t so much but the deli is good. We went to 3 shows—Motown, British Invasion, and Country. They were about a 3-4 on a 5 scale. We were uncomfortable with the Country Show—it made the country girls look and act like hookers! Too suggestive and I would not have enjoyed watching with my grandkids. The lobby bar was fun, the bartenders were great. The cruise director, Pauly, was a hoot in the evenings for music trivia. The 9th deck is a smoking area in the lobby, bar and casino. It truly smells, but I understand lots of smokers enjoy having a place to smoke.

A Good Family Outing

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by ljgordon54

ljgordon54’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Fantasy price drops

Interior
Cabin 4C
I gave it 5 stars because of the value for the money. It is tiny, but it is comfortable. The bathroom is tiny. There is only one power outlet—bring a power strip! It is in the very front, but we did not get noise or too much ship movement. The 5 stars is NOT FOR LUXURY! It is for value. If you want a cheap place to lay your head as you are out and about all day, this is it.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins