• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals
  • Excursions

AmaLea Review

Editor Rating

Excellent for a solo Traveller!

Review for AmaLea to Europe River
Lcd2107
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin: Outside Stateroom with Fixed Windows

I loved this cruise--Nuremberg to Budapest on the Danube. Natalijia the cruise director and the crew were great. Solo female Traveller here (millennial too) so wasn't sure what it would be like. It's my first river cruise and was thoroughly impressed. Excellent excursions and tour guides, time to myself, great food and wine, and the onboard shop was lovely too! Highly recommend. Will do another Christmas market tour in 2020 but on the Rhine next time. The Danube was a bit low so the Captain had to maneuver around slower locks and we did get into Budapest a bit later than anticipated. But the tour guides styaed flexible and we still had plenty of Budapest time in the markets and on our own. Had dinner on the Danube at a great restaurant (Dunbarry restaurant) and got several Krampus dolls. The daily wellness program was great too--Alex was thoughtful and expert with strength training and cardio on board and off. AmaWaterways will be an annual trip for sure!!!

Outside Stateroom with Fixed Windows

Roomy, great bathroom and shower. Just enough cabinetry and desk area that could hide my suitcases.

Port Reviews

Regensburg

Great city...great tour. Guide linked history to modern era, good markets and the town is very accessible. Religious but not overtly so.

Nuremberg

Favorite major port... Nuremberg is a favorite of mine so I'm not the best reviewer. I'd live here if I moved to Germany.

Vienna

I was on my own and had a great time.

7 Helpful Votes