I loved this cruise--Nuremberg to Budapest on the Danube. Natalijia the cruise director and the crew were great. Solo female Traveller here (millennial too) so wasn't sure what it would be like. It's my first river cruise and was thoroughly impressed. Excellent excursions and tour guides, time to myself, great food and wine, and the onboard shop was lovely too! Highly recommend. Will do another Christmas market tour in 2020 but on the Rhine next time. The Danube was a bit low so the Captain had to maneuver around slower locks and we did get into Budapest a bit later than anticipated. But the tour guides styaed flexible and we still had plenty of Budapest time in the markets and on our own. Had dinner on the Danube at a great restaurant (Dunbarry restaurant) and got several Krampus dolls. The daily wellness program was great too--Alex was thoughtful and expert with strength training and cardio on board and off. AmaWaterways will be an annual trip for sure!!!

Excellent for a solo Traveller!

AmaLea Cruise Review by Lcd2107

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Outside Stateroom with Fixed Windows
AmaWaterways, Manager, Customer Engagement has responded
Dear Lcd2107, Thank you so much for choosing to take your first river cruise with us, and thank you for your kind words regarding Natalijia and the crew. We're thrilled your first river cruise experience was so memorable with us, and we were glad to hear you enjoyed our wellness activities and exploring Budapest! We can't wait to welcome you to the Rhine in 2020. Wishing you a warm and happy holiday season, From all of us at AmaWaterways.
Lcd2107’s Full Rating Summary
Get AmaWaterways AmaLea price drops

Outside Stateroom with Fixed Windows
Cabin E
Roomy, great bathroom and shower. Just enough cabinetry and desk area that could hide my suitcases.
Piano Deck Outside Cabins