Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Smiley7863

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

I have not had a cruise in four years and was so ready to have a great time. I had a good time but not too much on the ship.

I had a lot of firsts on this cruise. We were in room 7566......DO NOT STAY IN THIS ROOM IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO MOLD!!! As soon as we walked in the room my nose started to burn. After investigating, when you walk out the cabin door you can look to the right and see water stains on the carpet going down the hall. There is about 50 feet of it. So my stay in the room was not good, but the rest of the ship was fine and the nose did not burn. As I found out, all rooms were booked so we would not have been able to go to another room.

The guy that cleaned our room was fantastic and accommodated us well!! He was mostly looking tired, but always very nice.

The ship itself is beautiful inside but you can see the wear and tear. It's going into refurb next year,so yay!!!

I read the reviews on firm beds and I was not phased as I like a firm bed. These were not firm, they were HARD AS ROCK BEDS. I could not tell you the amount of complaints. I made a make shift bed on the floor that was way more comfortable than the bed. So that was the second of my FIRSTS...LOL!

The third of my firsts was very rude neighbors on one side. They would come in at 12:30M and literally stomp around for an hour and then go to bed. The one night they bounce a couple times off the walls!!!

The food used to be outstanding on RCCL, but now, (I hate to say this), but I have to rate it with Carnival. The hubby and I did get food poisoning, so our only day at sea was spent in the moldy cabin running to the bathroom and sleeping all day.

We did two shows. One was an amazing singer and the other a great comedian. We did a couple trivia games on deck 5 in the piano bar area....(seemed to be a big hangout). We listened to some Karaoke a couple nights.

Loved the place on Deck five to get cookies and coffee and water. They were always so friendly there.

The Anytime dining turned into a same time dining and they stuck us in this corner with a horrible waiter. ......so slow!!! The people we sat around were great though.

Played a little putt putt and table tennis one day while in port. The putt putt area needs redone.....horrible, but we had a fun competition going.

The captain pulled into two ports late. The first time we didn't care, but the second time we lost a spot on an excursion that we had booked. Oh, wow, that was a 4th first....lol. It was not a ship excursion so that's on us. The Viator company did refund us for the place that we could not go, so that was nice.

So all in all, great Itineraries but the ship was old and the food was not great and HORRIBLE BEDS!!!

No more RCCL for me!!!!

Smiley7863's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View Balcony

Cabin smelled of mold...no visible, but allergic to mold so my nose burned every time in the room. The size was good if I wouldn't have had a make shift bed on the floor. The beds were way too hard!!!! Took three comforters and stacked on the floor to sleep in Heaven. They have a plumbing problem so be careful what goes down the toilet....lol. Don't worry, they will remind you!!!

I would not recommend this room just because of the mold smell.

Smiley7863