3. Norwegian Pearl
My girlfriend and I booked the cruise because we were interested in trying NCL after sailing with RCI twice and because it seemed like a decent deal. Very disappointing experience, they were performed well below RCI. The food was a huge let down, the one asian dining spot Lotus Garden had some of the worst asian food I've ever tried. The buffet did not have as many options as the RCI cruise ships and the dining room food was down right bad at times. Many of the entrees were not cooked well and I was particularly disappointed at the fried chicken entree that I ordered. It sounded like a safe choice and yet it seemed like it neither the chicken or the batter they used had any seasoning whatsoever. I did not try any of their paid dining areas. The service was not up to par either in the dining areas. We were not given explanations of what many dishes were, it seemed as though we were a nuisance when asking about what certain dishes were, asking for recommendations and asking to add on to our order. Many of the waiting staff did not seem interested in serving and providing good service. The one redeeming aspect of this ship is the cheap drink package. Cocktails were good, bartenders were good. Beware that bottled water for a non upgraded drink package is 4 to 5 dollars and on their private island your drink package is invalid... seems like they're penny pinching. The entertainment on board was quite mediocore overall. The musical and dance performances we attended were below average, reading the bio of the performances they seem to hire new graduates in the arts and it is reflected in their performance. They had one person do stand up comedy which was great and the acrobatics performance we saw was not up to par with what RCI has to offer and in the middle of the performance cut to a projector screen for a maybe 480p video for 3 mins while the performers changed outfits.. completely ridiculous. Otherwise their lounge and fitness areas were average. We only did one shore excursion with NCL and that was for a ship to take us to the local area of Belieze for 25 bucks. They overbook the speed boat and it was a tight squeeze. It seemed quite unsafe to me and on top of that you only go for 3 hours and need to pay more if you would like to stay longer and take a later boat. Dissapointing on NCL side. Our room was not up to standard either. It was mostly clean when we came but the cupboards were sticky and seemed to have something spilled in it that just was not checked. Our housekeeper seemed nice, but did not seem to respect the do not disturb sign we had outside. He knocked on our door to give us the itinerary and when we told him to leave it outside he stood there. I don't know if he had heard us or not, but he shouldn't have knocked anyways. On the last day he also came into our room when we had the do not disturb sign on and I think it was to cover up for not checking the minibar prior to us, which he then billed to us after cleaning up our room when we had do not disturb up. We had a horrific time dealing with guest services trying to dispute the charges from the minibar. We had gone late in the evening close to 10 after realizing that he had put the receipt on our table and the gentleman from guest services assured us that the 30 dollar charge would be refunded. It was not, he clearly had made a mistake and we went back at 2 in the morning to be told the housekeeping department that was in charge of minibars was not open and we needed to come back at 7... on the morning of disembarkment. The morning of, the gentleman we spoke to called the housekeeping manager who eventually asked us to go up to the room to discuss with him because "the charge was a large amount". We refused and refunded our service charges because we were furious at this point. I would have just left this very lengthy and negative review for NCL, however they don't even have an area for me to leave them a review... clearly they don't care about what their customers think.

Go somewhere else

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by ronaldc123

ronaldc123’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

• Mayan Ruins
    We had a young tour guide who was very energetic and we were with several others from our cruise that also booked with this independent company who took us to the ruins and then to a lagoon where we had drinks, ate and were able to go kayaking and enjoy a beach in a very private and large area. Probably much better quality than anything NCL can offer. Please look them up if you're interested, exceeds expectations.
    View All 155 Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Harvest Caye
    Please see my review of Norwegian Pearl, the actual city you go to is okay. We did a golf cart rental which was roughly 45 dollars. Beware of the locals that will take you on his golf cart up to where you can rent as he will charge 10 USD. It is a 15 to 20 min walk.

Tipsy Tuna had decent food but took about 25 mins to get served when you're only given 3 hours there. The local grocery stores were an interesting walk through, don't go to the one across from the restaurant they recommend as the prices are marked up.
    View All 1,264 Harvest Caye Cruise Port Reviews