3. Carnival Horizon
The ship is nice. Crew members are very nice and pleasant. Cabin was well maintained. We have a clog in the washing sink and it was fixed quickly after reporting to the staff. Dinning and activities all met expectations. We mainly use the main dining room as a sit down and order style are more suitable for us. Dress codes seems to be a general guideline as they are not enforced. Activities are average and limited when compared with the larger ships. However, the crew did a good job in trying their best to provide a good experience for participants. We did the dodge ball and volleyball games and they are nice despite the staff was not too knowledgeable with the volleyball rules. The music and dancing sessions are tailored for youth and Latino style. But I must admit that there is a less noisy piano lounge which we did not take advantage of. Entertainment such as shows also have less varieties as compared with larger ships. The main show and comedy show were carried out by the same respective performers through out the cruise. I would give it a rating of at least 4 if not 5 if there wasn't the problem with the excursion. Me and my wife joined the discovery scuba diving in grand cayman. The short story about that excursion is we were left abandoned on the surface of the sea because we did not manage to descend to the bottom in our first try. The instructor told my wife he will be back for her after helping others but the next time we saw him is at the end of the session which we were brought back to shore. This is simply the tour operator's problem but I subsequently found out that carnival management also have a major issue. After we reported the issue to the excursion staff on the ship, we got a voice message 2 days later saying they spoke with the tour operator saying the problem with my wife was because of the regulator (as supplied by the operator) was defective and considered it to be normal so our complaint is invalid. As I managed to talk with an excursion staff as soon as possible (which is on the de-embarking day) that the information of the diving problem are incorrect, the staff recorded what I said and asked me to call customer service after I get home. The surprise I've got when calling customer service after I got home is that I was told they will again put on record what I said and will forward it for management review. However, nothing will be done even if the original decision by the excursion manager on the ship was based on incorrect information. There will not be any follow up and I will not be informed about anything about this issue. With this in mind, an mistake made by the diving operator eventually developed into a scenario that show case Carnival management only pay lip service to customer service. Do not count on them resolving issues. Now I wonder why I should call their customer service after the cruise as I was basically reporting to an information sink. Be very careful to use their excursions as there are no guarantees to what you pay for.

Problems to be aware of

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review by awongscreennetscapenet

awongscreennetscapenet’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Horizon price drops

Clean and well kept, bear in mind that this is a pretty new ship. Similar to other cruise lines. Cabin being serviced very good every day.
  Carnival Horizon Deck Plans

• Scuba - Beginner
    Join this discovery scuba for beginners operated by cayman diving. Its a group of maybe 10 with 2 instructors. Me and my wife did not successfully descend on the first try. My wife have water getting in her mouth and needs to surface to cough the water out. The instructor told her that he will come back to help her again after helping the last 2 participants (which I am one of them) on the surface to descend.
    I have equalisation problem on my first try which is solely all my problem. We were waiting on the surface for a long time after the other last diver descended. The next time we met with the instructor, we were being lead back to shore as the session is over and all other divers have returned on shore. This is shocking for my wife as she is expecting to dive and not just floating on the surface. I do not know why we we were abandoned on our own as this is irresponsible if not dangerous.
    View All 15 Scuba - Beginner Reviews