Viking Delling Cruise Review

Viking Delling Cruise Review by SF Cruisin gal

• Sail Date: Apr 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

Our friends invited us on this cruise to celebrate their wedding anniversary. We've been on the big cruise ships prior, but this was our first trip with Viking.

The staff on this ship are absolutely amazing. The level of service was the best we've ever experienced. The itinerary is great, with a good amount of down time to relax. The 'surprise' treats that happened on a few of the included excursions were delightful.

The age of the average passenger was old enough that we (all being 50~ish give or take) were referred to as the 'young ones'. This means that the excursions were catered to a less active crowd than we may have chosen otherwise.

Due to the small size of the ship getting on and off the ship at any time is always quick and easy but especially when embarking and disembarking. I loved being able to create more personal relationships with the staff throughout the journey.

The biggest downside is what others might see as a benefit. Although the staff were from all over Europe, the language spoken on board was English. That makes things very easy and comfortable however I feel as though it was too easy to miss one of the best parts of France, the culture. I was happy that we had booked time following the cruise to travel in more of the country so that we could get a better experience of the French culture.

I would definitely travel with Viking again, and loved this cruise though I would likely choose a different itinerary next time. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed a small ship. I thought I might get bored because there are fewer activities than on the big cruises, but found that the lack of activities gave me 'permission' to relax more and do nothing if I so chose.

SF Cruisin gal's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Suite

Heated floors in the bathroom for the win!

Our cabin was well appointed and extremely comfortable. The veranda suite gives you a living room space in addition to your bedroom. I think without that extra space me and my husband would have been tripping over each other as we got ready every day.

Taking an afternoon nap as the country slid by outside the floor to ceiling windows was amazing.

SF Cruisin gal