Viking Akun Cruise Review

Viking Akun Cruise Review by Shrnhemmer

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: Russia River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

It was the best experience I’ve ever had. The staff was so wonderful and I loved our enrichment classes. Sasha and Alexie gave us incredible history lessons. I loved Russia, I think about my trip and Russia daily. I dream of returning to this beautiful country and hope I get to meet up again with the people I met through Viking.

This was my first Viking cruise but won’t be my last Our accommodations were very nice, the staff was friendly and the food was very good. The outings were well organized and delightful. The only thing I didn’t enjoy were the long rides getting anywhere but I don’t see any way around it because of the size of the cities and the number of cars on the road. For instance, I signed up for art galleries and the itinerary would state maybe 4 hours but actually I maybe had an hour or so there because of lengthily travel time. It would have been nice to make them day trips of 6-8 hours to fully appreciate the galleries and museums.

I truly loved my trip and I want to thank Viking and the staff for the best vacation of my life.

Shrnhemmer's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom

It was adequate and well maintained Nice amenities.

Kremlin

Nothing like I expected. Beautiful

Red Square

Such a beautiful place. Filled with history and gorgeous churches.

View All 35 Red Square Reviews
Tretyakov Gallery

Our guide,Arsen (?) was unbelievable!! He was so interesting and knowledgeable. Iloved the tour, wish I could go back and spend more time

View All 6 Tretyakov Gallery Reviews