3. Explorer of the Seas
We've cruised for 15 years and this was our first Royal Caribbean cruise. It was very disappointing because the reputation was this was the best cruise line in the industry. The food was terrible and the entertainment was lacking significantly. The ship was not prepared departure took too long and we had to wait like cattle for almost two hours before being able to board the ship. The majority of the Crew was very helpful however there were other dining room attendants that appeared not to understand English or what was being asked. They would just disappear and never come back. The food appeared to cater to Indian flavors and was limited. I never heard of a ship not having half-and-half for tea and they often ran out of items totally unprepared. I ordered Ruben her party NY strip steak and after three attempts they could not get it right. The steak was maybe an half an inch thick. The first steak came out Raw and was sent back. Second steak came out like shoe leather with a brown gravy put on top which I never saw before. And the third steak was raw with gravy cuz - a really disappointing experience. The menu each night was basically the same with minor changes. The food was Bland and unimpressive and there was no variety.

1st time on Royal Caribbean + LAST TIME

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by Capt Loot

Capt Loot’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 4V
For an inside cabin I was quite pleased . The Cabin was clean and spacious however the mattress was abominable. No comforters hardly slept. Slept more on the lounge chairs on the deck then in my cabin.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins