3. Oosterdam
We recently cruised to Alaska aboard the Oosterdam. This was our first cruise with Holland America, and our daughter and her boyfriends' first cruise ever. We took her for her 21st birthday. Embarkation in Seattle was very smooth, we were on the ship and eating lunch in about 20 minutes. We had a balcony room for all 4 of us. Let me just say I would never do 4 adults in a room again. It was very cozy. We LOVED having the balcony, the scenery in Alaska is incredible. We were most impressed with the crew. Everyone was wonderful. We had open seating for dinner, so when we got the same waiter two nights in a row, we were shocked and pleased that he remembered everything we liked! The food in the dining room and the buffet was very good. Room service was good also. Loved having coffee first thing in the morning. One of the highlights of the cruise was the mixology class. We learned how to mix drinks, learned a lot of history of different drinks, and actually won free drinks by answering questions correctly. The bartender, Nic, was so funny!!! My biggest gripe on the cruise were the other passengers. One lady who was standing behind us at the mixology class, (She didn't pay the $12 that we did) actually tried to take one of my daughter's drinks off of the bar!! After the class her son came up and took all of the drinks that were left over, but had been drank out of!!!!!!!!! I was also upset with people constantly talking through lectures, comedy shows, movies, etc... The dress on this cruise was very casual. Everyone wore jeans to dinner, except on formal night. I packed way too many nice clothes and not enough casual. The ports were wonderful. Juneau and Ketchikan were favorites. The Buchart Gardens in Victoria are a MUST SEE. All in all, a wonderful cruise I would do again in a heartbeat.

Best vacation ever!!!

Oosterdam Cruise Review by kelmeg

• Sail Date: May 2010
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
All in all, a wonderful cruise I would do again in a heartbeat.
kelmeg’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Holland America Oosterdam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VA 5062
Very quiet room, too small for 4 people, but would be perfect for 2. Lots and Lots of storage. Great room steward. Awesome view.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins