Viking Forseti Review

I loved the wine focus of this cruise - just what I wanted!

Review for Europe Cruise on Viking Forseti
Patnews
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2019
Cabin: Deluxe Stateroom

I chose this cruise because it promised a wine focus in the Bordeaux region, as well as visits to chateaux and mansions. Just what I wanted. The excursions and optional activities were first class. I especially liked the truffle hunting and cognac making, as well as the cruise director's special visit with a vintner at his shop and home. Wine was wonderful, as was the food, and I made several new friends. It was nice to be without children, and to have time to just relax if that's what I wanted to do. The ship is first rate - just the right size for a river cruise without too many distractions (or people!). I'll do other river cruises, for sure, but I do wish there were other itineraries that focused on wine. I learned so much more about French wine, and would love to take a wine tour in Provence or Italy. I'd recommend Viking anytime.

Deluxe Stateroom

The room was lovely and the bed/bedding was luxurious. The size and amenities were just right for one person. I enjoyed it.

previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Forseti Cruise from $2,599

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.