• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Norwegian Sun Review

Editor Rating
2082 reviews
53 Awards

Fun and relaxing at an astonishing low price

Review for Norwegian Sun to the Western Caribbean
ew101
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin: Oceanview Picture Window

We are not at all brand loyal in cruising. Internet search engines and fate decide where and when we cruise. We are very old fashioned though- ballroom dancing, libraries and walk around promenade decks are a huge draw. Low prices are important for me – and I am fine with an ocean view cabin (for the record DW prefers a balcony). The idea is if the price is low enough we can go more often. Days at sea are relaxing. After a few lovely trips on the Jade we were last on Norwegian on the Breakaway out of New York. I was remembering crowds, smoke and the main dining room food budget being a few dollars a day too low.

Early December is for some reason a low season in Florida for cruising. I was randomly called to be at a conference Tuesday/Wed in Orlando. A search revealed- the Sun was going out of Port Canaveral Thursday– 5 nights - $179 for Oceanview. That was also the number of vacation days I had left and fit my budget.

We were on the Sun many years ago. I had some trouble finding online a recent Freestyle Daily- my DW is OK on cruising but is happier if she can dance and collect her steps aboard. Hint: one lap is 650 or so steps for her. I try and figure out if there is any decent dancing before I book. The Mexican ports were not great- Key West and Nassau are our nearby favorites – but an average port day beats a day at work.

Oceanview Picture Window

Nice cabin. Quiet and roomy. Lots of storage.

7 Helpful Votes