3. AmaSerena
I went on this Rhine River Christmas Market cruise with a few friends. I had my own stateroom with a balcony and French balcony. The bathroom is positively huge and gorgeous, particularly compared to large cruise ships I’ve been on. We began in Amsterdam and had enough time to explore the city the day before we embarked. Each stop was beautiful and full of Christmas markets, castles, and cathedrals. Our tour guides were very knowledgeable although ours in Cologne was our favorite. These cruises are definitely for those who want a relaxing on board experience. This is not a Royal Caribbean type cruise. Don’t bring kids. I have four and they would’ve died of boredom. That being said, I loved the peace and quiet and slow pace, and a glass of wine on the balcony watching cute European towns go by. There was one lounge and two restaurants. Our meal service was impeccable and by the end of the week several servers knew whether we preferred white or red, Splenda or sugar, etc. I found them all quite friendly and fun. The service staff was charming and didn’t complain once that I lost my key card twice.

Beautiful

AmaSerena Cruise Review by MichiganMichelle

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Stateroom with French balcony and outside balcony
AmaWaterways, Manager, Customer Engagement has responded
Dear MichiganMichelle, On behalf of all of us at AmaWaterways, we are delighted to read how much you enjoyed taking full advantage of your river cruise! From your stateroom to visiting Christmas Markets and historic cities, we are so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. We'll be sure to share your comments with the crew of AmaSerena - they'll be happy to know they made your cruise special. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us, we hope to welcome you back on board soon! Warm regards, From all of us at AmaWaterways
MichiganMichelle’s Full Rating Summary
Get AmaWaterways AmaSerena price drops

Stateroom with French balcony and outside balcony
Cabin AA
Large room for a cruise. Very large bathroom and shower all finished in marble. The cleaning staff was flexible with various wake up times and I once left the room at 1pm for the first time for lunch. Very well-maintained in general.
Violin Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Cologne Cathedral
    Lots of walking, so be prepared. Excellent tour guide. I don’t remember his name, but he had young children and was working on defending his dissertation in Latin American history. Super knowledgeable with witty sense of humor.
    View All 149 Cologne Cathedral Reviews