If you are between 65-90 yrs old, then this slow paced ship is designed for you. It was super boring. Gym is spacious but outdated and needs to be renovated. Dining choices are very limited. Dining rooms are quite ordinary in that menus were repetitive and not very exciting, and specialty restaurants are nothing special. I ordered steak one night and it was terrible. The shows offered at night were almost embarrassing to watch so I skipped most of them. Because of the lack of activities, most of the time, I just sat there and read...but I could do that in my own home. Overall we enjoyed our seven days because of the warm weather, but not nearly as much as cruises on other ships. We brought our son and he had a good time running around but I suspect that he will have a good time regardless since this is his first ship ever. Too bad that we couldn't find a Celebrity or Princess ship that departs around the same time so we had to go with this one but next time we will plan better. And like other reviews, bring an extension cord for your electronics.

A super boring trip lacking activities

Veendam Cruise Review by viviansky

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Large Ocean-View Stateroom

Gym is spacious but outdated and needs to be renovated.

viviansky’s Full Rating Summary