3. Brilliance of the Seas
This cruise had good reviews but now I realize the reviews are from Royal Caribbean lifers. FYI if you have kids the ship attracts a majority of older people. There was only 1 main dining room aside from the buffet. I felt pressured to pay extra to eat at the specialty dining rooms because the salespeople were always standing at the entrance to the buffet. Cleaning was poor, I found false eyelashes on my bed when we checked in. They hide the vegetarian and Indian menus in the main dining room. You have to ask if there are any other menu options. Our server asked us to give them good reviews which made us uncomfortable. The chef and the cooks somehow made everything taste similar. On the bright side we didn't gain any weight. Our rooms smelled musty. The first night I could not sleep, there was a terrible noise possibly from the engine. The second night about 6 of us stood in the hallway talking about the noise. The ship sent someone to investigate and it got better. We were on level 3. Entertainment was good except for the jugglers which were silly and boring. Overall do not recommend. One of our excursions was cancelled and the staff at the excursions desk was very helpful. I also found the staff to be more into talking to each other than into helping us. The guys pushing the coffee cart kept power walking by us without a word. It took me 2 days to realise they had coffee and tea and I could ask them to stop by my table.

Old ship and uninterested crew

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by Taz1983